This role falls within the International Wealth Management division's COO function, specifically in IWM's Solution Design and Engineering (SD&E) department. IWM SD&E supports, transforms, and protects our IT landscape to deliver on strategic initiatives for our business areas while establishing IT as an enabler of growth. Furthermore, IWM SD&E collaborates and delivers on the IWM digital strategy with Business and Digital Architecture and the Business Areas to build IWM's future platforms.
IWM SD&E is looking to expand its reporting and BI capabilities by making effective use of existing data from the firm's CI-CD (Continuous Integration - Continuous Deployment) toolchain, DevSecOps tools such as JIRA, ServiceNow, ALM/Octane, and other internal risk, controls, financials, delivery, and project management systems in different forms, at different layers and silos. Our goal is to improve our operational stability and efficiency, whilst also creating a holistic and comprehensive customer experience. We are committed to developing data driven solutions that help with "proactive" identification of issues / open risks and to discover trends / patterns in complex interdependent systems data.
We are enhancing and expanding our visual and programmatic instrumentation (dashboards) to communicate impactful insights for both detailed forensic and real-time / near real-time streaming analytics enabling management to identify hotspots and application teams, IT owners, and project managers to support their development teams better.
We are looking for a Data Analyst / Engineer with a proficient knowledge of data science and visualization tools, banking systems and SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle) tools. The candidate will provide the key skills and hands on experience to support the IWM SD&E COO team's goals of delivering advanced reporting capabilities (dashboards) for the IWM SD&E department.
This core team is headed by the IWM SD&E COO who has business management, transformation, risk and controls, and production support functions in his purview. This role sits within the reporting function; however, the candidate will be interfacing and actively collaborating with all of the functions mentioned above to expand reporting capabilities/dashboards across the board. The core team is small (2-3 other people); however, this role is part of a central COO team which means that we support the entire IWM SD&E department; especially the management and extended management committees. The candidate will therefore be required to communicate with a variety of stakeholders at all levels of seniority. Good communication and presentation skills will be very important for this role. The ideal candidate should have the ability to understand requirements from technical and non-technical stakeholders alike.
- Collect and interpret data from a variety of tools and systems. Define data gathering techniques, clean / prepare data sets, and manage meta-data.
- Create data visualizations / dashboards using tools including, but not limited to, Tableau, Qlik, Grafana, etc.
- Collaborate with our firm wide partners to understand available data and leverage it for our reporting needs; transform (clean, massage, structure, aggregate) available data as necessary for processing/analysis
- Validate and analyze results, discover patterns, and devise efficient ways of reporting it back to stakeholders
- Deliver technical changes and define new data collection and analysis processes to enhance reporting capabilities over time
- Use programming skills to develop, customize and manage integration of multiple data sources, data sets, and dashboards
- Apply your intellect to solve problems around gaps in reporting processes and making data work for stakeholder needs and requirements
- Conduct the conversion of data into insights that will lead to proactive problem identification and solving
Who we're looking for?
- At least 3-5 years of experience providing data analytics solutions in the technology space
- Extensive experience with BI and data visualization tools, such as Tableau, Grafana, Qlik, PowerBI and other BigData architectures and Data Science tools such as Cloudera, Splunk, HBASE, Impala, R, Python, Spark, D3 etc.
- Strong understanding of data science concepts and expertise in data analysis and visualization
- Experience working with large and complex data sets, data lakes, ETLs and analytics tools
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Engineering, Statistics, Applied Math, Economics, or any other related field
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills demonstrating Data Analysis, Business Intelligence and Data Visualization technologies
- Working knowledge of IT Infrastructure fundamentals (Compute architecture, Databases, Web and Application Communications, Storage subsystems, Networks)
- Hardworking, detail and result oriented with proficient communication skills to interact and demo ideas to partners and management as a professional service provider across multiple regions
- Self-starter and proactive mindset to solving problems; an open mind and eagerness to learn new concepts
- Experience working with data from SDLC/DevOps tools such as JIRA, GIT, Service Now
- Prior software engineering/data engineering background is a plus
- Prior experience working in the technology space at a global bank