This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced software development engineer with a solid backend and microservices background.
The role requires spans across continents — you'll be working closely with the US-based colleagues, — and requires hands-on knowledge of core AWS services as well as cloud trends and best practices.
You'll be developing and maintaining a mixture of production-ready components for various digital enterprise systems, including VOD, user data collection, and advertising content processing and delivery for our client, the world's largest telecommunication provider.
- Design, setup, and maintain an AWS-based infrastructure of applications
- Work with geographically distributed teams (Poland & US)
- Analyze business requirements, propose solutions, and estimate activities
- Evaluate, refactor, and fix existing AWS infrastructure
- Apply best practices regarding security and scalability
- Migrate existing applications to AWS
- Integrate with external services
- Support production releases
- Prepare documentation
- Automate releasing process using AWS CDK and CloudFormation templates
Who we're looking for?
- 3+ years of experience in Java and/or Scala
- 2+ years of experience working with AWS
- Scripting languages: Python, Shell, etc.
- Tech stack:
⁃ AWS: S3, CloudFormation, CDK, CloudWatch, EC2, ECS, Batch, Lambda, Step Function, Secrets Manager, IAM, DynamoDB, RDS, DMS
⁃ AWS Messaging: SNS, SQS, Kinesis, Kafka
⁃ AWS Big Data: EMR, Hadoop, Spark, Flink, Hudi, Oozie, Glue, Athena, Quick Sight, AirFlowNICE TO HAVE
- Monitoring tools: Splunk, Grafana, Kibana, Prometheus, ElasticSearch
- Transfer protocols: FTP, SFTP, SCP, DISTCP
- Security: SSL, Kerberos
- Build Tools: Maven, Jenkins
- Experience with GoLang