My client are seeking individuals to be part of one of the largest transformations the World is experiencing in the past several decades. The emergence of disruptive platforms as a business model has reshaped other industries and is poised to do the same in financial services. Their goal is to contribute to people and business progress. This change is only possible with people like you, who will help us to raise the bar. We aim to bring technologists, passionate professionals who live and breathe technology, who will be constantly seeking different ways of doing things, learn a new language every year, keep old computer parts and reuse them in strange projects around the house, continually tinker with electronic gadgets of all sorts, and be considered the geekiest person around by all their friends and family. That might be a bit of exaggeration, but you get the idea of what we are looking for.
As a Technical Architect Engineer your mission will be providing the leadership, facilitation, analysis and design tasks required for the development of the client’s technical architecture.
We need somebody like you to help us in different fronts to:
- Create deliverables that help develop target-state guidance (reusable standards, guidelines, individual parts and configurations) for evolving the technical capabilities across the enterprise, in order to enable business strategy and deliver targeted business outcomes.
- Understand technology trends and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving applications.
- Drive innovation to renovate, extend, and transform the existing core technology base and IT estate.
- Coach, mentor and collaborate with technical subject matter experts and IT Architecture peers to develop technology architecture that enables and drives new business capabilities and operating models
- Design of solutions for Fenergo’s enterprise applications. Lead a team in the configuration of custom Fenergo Framework based on .NET 4.7 technology
- Liaise with business analysts and business leads to ensure the solution design meets requirements
- Providing hardware sizing and deployment topology recommendations
- Writing and development of technical design specifications and solution documents.
- Ensure developed or modified application components align with the business, architecture and solution performance goals
- Assist in defining structured practices especially in development, build and release management
- Embed best practices and new methodologies
- Escalation point for technical questions
- Oversight of technical approach
- Responsibility for overall technical delivery on each project
- Translate business requirements into working features by configuring the custom Fenergo Framework
- Ability to troubleshoot and fix bugs and configuration issues
- Maintain technical documentation and associated artefacts
- Product installation in test environments
- Product Upgrade Process
- Integration with internal and external API's
- Data Mapping
- Working with the QA team in managing the system test cycle and working to fix bugs and other issues
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with the project
- Provide guidance and support to more junior team members
Who we're looking for?
- Technical Degree: Science Computer, Maths, Physic or equivalent.
- + 3 years’ experience as a Solution Architect/Technical Architect, ideally on Agile
- Software technology, and the ability to plan global, regional and local software architecture and infrastructure components
- Technologies and methods to design processing mechanisms and roadmaps to execute business application systems; ability to design these roadmaps and deploy supportive interfaces for end-users to access related systems, in accordance with standards and processes
- Tools, methods, and techniques of requirement analysis; ability to elicit, analyse and record required business functionality and non-functionality requirements to ensure the success of a system or software development project
- Methods and tools to develop a blueprint for the future state of IT; ability to develop the roadmap of it, while aligning the architecture and processes with business strategies and objectives
- Knowledge of and ability to use, configure, and install software for connecting distributed software and services across heterogeneous platforms
- A self-starter with an ability to work to deadlines in a fast-paced environment Experience with .NET or Java (or other OOP), SQL or Oracle technologies required
- Excellent understanding of system integration, web services, etc.
- Experience with Oracle database and middleware
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong consultancy skills
- Experience of all aspects of software project life cycles from requirements gathering, through design, development and implementation
- Experience of Agile development methodologies preferable
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
Other relevant information:
- Strong written & verbal communication skills - English Language (Advanced level)