The Senior Software Test Engineer participates in the testing activities for industry-leading commercial software known for its innovation and usability. In particular high performance real-time scalable features based on Rockwell’s Manufacturing Execution System (MES) that are often integrated with machine automation and control systems as well as ERP software.
Assignments include participation in requirements development, architectural design of automated test systems, effort estimation, design, coding, and verification of automated test systems in all stages of the software development lifecycle. This role includes collaboration with multiple global cross-functional teams and requires strong communications skills and ability to work effectively in the large project teams.
Joining Rockwell Automation Software Development group allows to become part of a team that is committed to use reliable and well-thought-out engineering and software development practices (such as Agile/SCRUM and SAFe) as well as open and direct communications, honesty and respect.
Key methodologies/ technologies in the project:
Java 8, Java 11, Microservices, Java EE, Java Swing, SQL Server/ Oracle, Eclipse and IntelliJ, GitLab, SVN, Maven, ANT, JUnit, Jenkins, Microsoft Azure, Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence etc.)
- Designs, creates, executes and maintains tests
- Participates in reviews of documents, designs and test cases
- Develops automated tests, monitors the results and reports software defects
- Develops test documentation required by software development process
- Supports the team in functional and system requirements analysis required to design and verify added and changed functionality
- Provides work estimates and status reports as requested.
- Maintains adequate interaction to ensure assigned tasks are prioritized appropriately.
- Facilitates effective communication both within local team as well as with remote stakeholders.
Who we're looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- At least 4 years of experience on tester position in a software product development environment
- At least 2 years of experience with test automation in JAVA language
- Knowledge of web testing tools (Selenium or Marathon preferred)
- Knowledge in test management tools (e.g. qTest, TestRail)
- Knowledge of virtualized environments (e.g. vCenter, ESXi), distributed computing, load balancing/sharing
- Familiarity with common development tools as Eclipse, SVN, GitLab, JUnit, JIRA, Jenkins, Maven, ANT
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent English, that enables collaboration with global team
Nice to have:
- Experience with Java 11 or higher, Spring
- Familiarity with common development tools as IntelliJ
- Familiar with agile development processes
- Domain knowledge in the field of Industrial Automation including MES applications
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Leisure package for families
- Financial bonus
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking