The FX business is a key component within Global Banking and Markets division. Using sales teams located throughout the world, the FX business enables customers to execute FX spot and forward transactions through a diverse range of channels in a large number of currency pairs.
FX eRisk IT team has a mandate to design and implement new components specifically targeted at achieving a greater share of the FX market. A number of key programmes are already underway. These are focussed on reducing latency in trader position management, improving the quality of customer pricing and enhancing algorithmic trading capabilities.
The successful candidate will work with other team-members to design, develop, test and release the various components for which the team is responsible. This will include:
- Python development on the GFX eRisk analytics dashboard
- Experience working on enterprise systems is essential but not necessarily from a financial background.
As a senior Python developer, the successful candidate will be expected to perform the following duties with a high level of competence:
- Liaise with nominated business stakeholders when required to ensure that business requirements are fully understood before commencing design and development.
- Draw-up detailed technical designs for components in response to business requirements and high-level technical architecture
- Work effectively with any external consultancies engaged during the project to provide technical and graphical design expertise.
- Implement best-of-breed technical solutions based on agreed technical design, adopting industry standard development patterns and methodologies (including continuous integration and automated unit and integration testing)
- Fully test implemented solutions in advance of User Acceptance Testing
- Assist (when required) with the deployment of components to development and test environments
- Participate in intra-day and overnight Support rotas (when required).
Who we're looking for?
- Solid Python development experience is essential.
- Experience working in a web-related stack
- FX market knowledge is desirable but not essential