Project is related to regulatory reporting for one of Clients from Investment Banking area. We are using Linux/Unix & .Net , Java and Kafka technologies. We are starting necessary development activities related to integrate existing solution with a newly created umbrella system used for high volume data archiving.
We are extending existing Team located in Wroclaw to be developing business driven artifacts. We aim to hire the best people and give them maximum autonomy for realizing their potential and growing technically/professionally. Competence, collaboration and continuous improvement are highly supported on program level, to create a culture where each individual can grow in their desired direction.
We are looking for a qualified Kafka to join our team. The opportunity is for a hands-on experienced person with stream processing using Kafka working with agile teams developing distributed Java projects.
Successful candidates will have:
- Ability to design, build and maintain applications in an Agile environments.
- Ability to liaise with Business Analysis to support the requirements engineering process as well as conduct effort estimates for the respective project's engineering, testing and integration tasks.
- Excellent technical and interpersonal skills:
- You will be able to understand our partners' requirements and quickly resolve any potential issue both in the project as well as in the productive environment.
- You will be able to communicate to and influence stakeholders.
- A proven track record in a similar environment:
- Delivering software solutions to demanding product owners, being part of a large and (possibly) distributed team.
- e2e software development lifecycle.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Be able to work in multicultural work environment
- Engaged to deliver a potentially releasable "Done" product increment at the end of each Sprint.
- Provide technology solutions that will solve business problems
- Work with other team members and the Product Owner to deliver increment every sprint
- Design, plan and deliver sustainable solutions using modern programming languages
- Conduct code reviews and test software, along with participating in application architecture and design.
- Bring innovative ideas, leveraging the latest technologies to the user's delight
- Develop software components aligned to our systems development life cycle (SDLC)
- Build automated unit tests and integration tests
- Resolving high-priority defects for your applications as prioritized by the Product Owner
- Collaborate with other teams to deliver business needs
- Participate and actively contribute in the community of practice, sharing and learning with others
- Agile mindset.
- Professional: Promote Agile software development culture & best practices such as pair programming, code review
- Senior level:
- Be able to lead and coach the team on topics related to software engineering and good practices
- Communicative, proactive, and caring to lead topics to a workable conclusion
Who we're looking for?
- Experience in Kafka
- Experience with other stream processing such as Flink, ELK Stack
- Strong Knowhow with memory model and multithreading in Java world
- Good understanding of current encryption technologies
- A good mix of experience with:
- Web development technologies (HTML, CSS, Angular, React, WebGL)
- Test automation using Selenium WebDriver
- Jenkins administration
Virtualization and host management tools (i.e. Docker and Chef)
Eclipse or another IDE
- Experience as engineer working in a globally distributed team
- Feeling like at home in modern technical architectures and highly scalable distributed systems
- A flexible, resilient team player with strong interpersonal skills taking initiative to drive things forward
- Test driven development and continuous integration & deployment
- Understanding of a broad range of platforms, technologies and tools, specifically Java, UNIX/Linux, Oracle, GitHub, Jira, Confluence
- Restful/SOAP service oriented applications
- IT Security (authentication, authorization, cryptography, certificate mgmt., etc.)
- Unix (shell) and Perl scripting
- UNIX and Windows system administration
- Excellent programming skills in Java (EE) with good knowledge of the frameworks and tools, such as Spring Framework, JPA with Hibernate,