At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it’s about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
As Principal Engineer - Software Development (Low Code) you will be responsible for the implementation, technical performance and use of core technologies to ensure the applications are within a specified domain to meet the needs of the business. The role demands an in-depth knowledge of key technologies that enable the effective use of applications.
This role will provide you the opportunity to lead key activits to progress your career.
These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Drives the continuous delivery of low-code solutions from product roadmaps and innovation sources by providing the vital Low-Code Development Platforms (LCDP), component libraries, service model and training to product teams, working with product owners and developers to plan, design, build and configure solutions that integrate with other Tech systems.
- Designs and develops integration components, utilizing their knowledge of Database Management Systems, API standards, cloud technologies and n-tier architecture to produce or propose stable, compliant integration and process models.
- Help define the strategy for low-code development and support within R&D Tech, including standards and best practices.
- Partners with UX Designers to design and build standard UI components for use across product teams that provide consistency, familiarity and ease-of-use to R&D users.
- Working with enterprise Tech groups, implements an ecosystem of LCDP solutions, components, integrations and process models that align to the needs of R&D and R&D Tech
- Ensures that technical delivery is fully aligned with GSK Security, Quality and Regulatory standards, while keeping relevant user documentation up to date in support of the lifecycle plan for audits/reviews
- Pro-actively engages in experimentation and innovation to drive steadfast improvement, finding ways to capitalise on low-code solutions to reduce technical debt/risk
- Provides leadership, technical direction and GSK expertise to product teams composed of GSK FTEs, strategic partners and software vendors
- Drives the uptake and usage of LCDP solutions through community-building, promotion and training
- Supplies to release planning and roadmaps working closely with Product Owners and Product Director
- Gives and aligns solutions to the Target Architecture
- Continuously evaluates the market for platforms, products that will drive our ambitions for market leading LCDP solutions.
Who we're looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Information Systems, Information Management, etc
- A track record of development and delivery of flexible, scalable and supportable IT systems
- Proven skill in delivering commercial of-the-shelf products with low-code platforms through the use of APIs and RPA.
- Superb communication, negotiation, influencing and stakeholder management skills.
- Customer focus and excellent problem-solving skills
- Database development (Oracle, SQL Server, etc)
- Agile development and DevOps
- Awareness of low code engineering trends and growth opportunities
- If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Knowledge of LCDP industry standards
- Low-code application development (e.g. Appian, OutSystems, Mendix, AppMaker, etc
- Technology platforms and frameworks (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker) including cloud technologies
- Process modelling and process improvement techniques
- Data structures, data models or relational database design
- The life science business processes
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Hot beverages