LUXOFT is one of the major software services companies world-wide. We deliver professional software services in multiple business verticals such as finance, automotive, and digital transformation. Supporting large vehicle manufacturers in the area of development, production and aftersales is LUXOFT's ambition.
The software inside a vehicle was traditionally expected to be a very controlled and self-contained environment. Equipping cars with perception and machine intelligence changes a lot in the overall picture of the vehicle manufacturer. LUXOFT's goal is to empower our customers, with deep domain knowledge and smart solutions, to develop cars of the future. Great mechanical engineering is not the only criteria anymore for delivering the best cars in the world. Using state of the art software technologies are key to provide the requested user experience.
For the development of a next generation ECU (Electronic Control Units) responsible for basic, comfort and premium features in vehicles, we are looking for experienced embedded C++ Developers (m/f). Join our team of enthusiastic and experienced software developers in Gdansk and develop software for an entire functional area of a car, working on vital applications for a main ECU used in future vehicles of a renowned German automotive manufacturer worldwide. Develop challenging features that will be used daily by millions of drivers once the next generation of vehicles hit the roads in 2021.
You will work on functionalities in one of the following areas:
- Body (manual/automatic functionalities in the vehicle body, cabrio, powered window, spoiler control, AC)
- Lights (LED-control, dynamic lights, interior adaptive lights, exterior lights)
- Central Gateway (InCar-IT, Data Transfer, Crowd Data Collection)
- Vehicle Access (Access by Key, Smart Phone, CarSharing)
- IT Security (Cryptography, Secure Code, Intrusion Detection, Intrusion Prevention, Embedded Security)
- Integration and development of new features in C/C++ (e.g. routing functionality) for the next generation of a main ECU
- Development of the robust and effective code and ensure high quality of the embedded code by performing unit tests, simulation on real data (software in the loop) as well as simulation of the software on the target embedded hardware (hardware in the loop)- Code analysis, refactoring and optimization of the legacy code
- Clarification of requirements in cooperation with the client and the team
- Testing on embedded hardware (ECU) and analysing logs
- Direct communication with the client regarding technical aspects of the solution provided
- Utilization of common design patterns as well as the advantages of object oriented programming
Who we're looking for?
- Academic degree in computer science, electrical engineering, telecommunication engineering or similar qualification
- Strong C/C++ background (at least 3 years of experience), as well as an understanding of object oriented programming and design
- Good understanding of software development lifecycle, including understanding of testing, code coverage and code quality
- Practical experience with bus systems and protocols used in electronics & automotive (CAN, Ethernet, Flexray), ideally experience in trace/signal analysis (Wireshark, Carmen)
- Strong embedded background and software debugging skills, understanding of low-level limitations and performance optimization
- Strong communication skills in English (writing & speaking) along with team spirit
- Enthusiasm for embedded systems and ideally petrol in your bloodstream
- Professional Software Development Environment experience (CI, UT, SVN/GIT)
- Experience in driver or kernel development under Linux or QNX, also in open-source projects
- Experience in Autosar Classic or Adaptive Autosar
- Experience in Scripting languages and tools (Python, bash, lua)
- German language