You'll be working in the Marketlinks team in Krakow. Our role is to optimize the server footprint for the trading systems by fine-tuning servers and application configuration. We will perform benchmarks and evaluate server/networking gear suitability for low latency trading systems. Aligned with the Equities IT function we will work closely with the business, development and support teams to manage the current capacity and estimate future growth in establishing server needs. The Marketlinks team also ensures the infrastructure is running on the latest software and able to support the current and future demands.
Are you passionate about delivering building robust and scalable infrastructure for electronic trading systems? Do you have a curious nature, always interested in how to innovate? We’re looking for someone like that to help us:
– Translate business and IT requirements for new trading venues and/or datacenter upgrades into technical deliveries
– Coordinate the delivery of all Execution & Platform infrastructure components including the deployment of server hardware
– Collaborate with other global IT teams to deliver and maintain the electronic trading infrastructure
– Identify the bottlenecks on trading systems and ability to tune the server for optimal performance for low latency
– Ability to perform performance benchmarks for trading system to evaluate hardware choice
– Fine tune third party stack for performance and low latency on trading systems including Java, Solarflare onload, Mellanox roce and DB transactions.
– Provide 3rd level support to the production services team for investigating system issues and latencies
– Participate in problem solving, troubleshooting, performance tuning, production support, and maintenance of existing applications.
Who we're looking for?
Strong Linux and Network skills
Proven experience in high-volume, low latency real-time messaging applied to electronic trading
Comprehensive experience in overall end-to-end Software Engineering in an agile environment
Ability to translate business needs into technology solutions
Deep knowledge of Java stack, messaging technologies, multi-threading, caching
Have expertise in dealing with large amount of data in real-time applications with big-data technologies.NICE TO HAVE
A team player, accustomed to collaborating with a large number of development, support and infrastructure teams.
An expert on stock exchange infrastructure technologies
Aware of security-related risk in large infrastructure environments.
Experience in developing applications for electronic trading, particularly order management, that use trading communication protocol such as FIX and using FIX engines