What happens when you combine technology with travel? Sabre! Did you know that cutting-edge technology is used at Sabre by more than 1 billion people around the globe? Did you know that Sabre processes approximately 85,000 transactions per second for the largest industry in the world - travel and tourism? Now that we have your attention, Sabre is an innovative technology company that leads the travel industry by helping our customers (and employees) succeed. We are looking for forward-thinking, creative people who take ownership of results and make things happen. If this sounds like you, consider joining our team.
The Database Platform Engineering (DBPE) group is looking for a Senior DBA to provide infrastructure support, including setup and maintenance of more than 2000 databases, across multiple environments, both on-prem and in the cloud (AWS and GCP). Most instances are running Oracle, along with some Couchbase, MS SQL Server and MySQL.
This position is for the DBPE Operations Change Team, who write and implement infrastructure database changes, such as creating databases, setting up replication, performing refreshes, patching, upgrading, decomming, etc. On-call support of change implementation is provided via a follow-the-sun model.
Who we're looking for?
- Hands on experience supporting critical databases
- Good knowledge of Oracle RDBMS 12c/19c
- Good knowledge of Oracle RAC
- Good knowledge of Golden Gate
- Good knowledge of cloud solutions like GCP, AWS (RDS/EC2)
Nice to have:
- Knowledge about other database systems like Couchbase/MS SQL/MySQL
- Experience in day-to-day DB maintenance activities, such as:
- Installing Oracle
- Setting up replication using Golden Gate
- Upgrading and patching databases as well as applying PSU and one-offs on Oracle RAC
- Understanding of Oracle Grid, Clusterware and ASM
- Data movement using expdb/impdp
- Migrating databases to cloud or on-prem data centers
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Financial bonus
- Hot beverages
- Cold beverages