We are currently looking for a highly skilled individual with software development and platform engineering skills to join the Odyssey engineering team. As DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for helping us to develop and support Odyssey, the bank's strategic developer enablement & innovation platform used by 30,000 IT employees globally in the bank.
Our team is Development Practices and our overall mission is to deliver solutions, which meet the company's strategic ambitions for a consistent, centralized and optimized approach in order to ensure a well-managed and efficient software delivery pipeline.
DPG is a distributed team of about 70 peers, with its footprint in many cities across the globe: Dublin, London, Wroclaw, Warsaw, Zurich, NY and Raleigh.
Our wider team is called DevOps & Development Practices Group, and inside it we have smaller teams focused technical tasks. Each team is responsible for creating and delivering the best technologies and solutions for the organisation, with robust functionality that is stable, speedy and visually intuitive. Also responsible for making infrastructure better and easier.
- Improve the developer experience for teams working across non-mainframe
- Identify opportunities to increase automation in the bank's development and release lifecycle.
- Provide operational support for the Odyssey platform, with a view to automating and simplifying tasks, and improving scalability, reliability, performance and resilience
- Provide technical expertise for the community and collaborate with other engineering teams across the bank
- Design, develop and maintain enterprise grade Java based web applications
- Take ownership of new features for the Odyssey platform across the full software development lifecycle
- Innovate strategic solutions within the DevOps space with a focus on Continuous Delivery and Deployment
- Customize and extend commercial and open source solutions by creating, for example, plugins for tools such as JIRA, Jenkins or Gradle
- Partner with senior stakeholders both in the team and across the bank
Who we're looking for?
- Dedicated self-starter with an ability to own, manage and deliver projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience designing and developing Java based web applications using frameworks such as Spring Boot
- Comprehensive knowledge around software development tools such as Jira, Confluence, Git, SVN, and Artifactory
- Experience with Maven and Gradle dependency management
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins or TeamCity
- Knowledge around building maintainable and automated tests with frameworks such as Junit, Mockito and Selenium
- Solid understanding installing, maintaining and monitoring Java applications on Linux
- Proficient skills debugging and performance tuning Linux based applications
- Familiarity with highly available, scalable and resilient applications/architectures
- Grails, Groovy and other languages
- Configuration management tooling such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef and Salt
- Experience maintaining a large application platform with a focus on availability and monitoring
- Experience with process automation using scripting languages such as Python and Bash
- Familiarity setting up large scale CI/CD pipelines
- Expert aptitude working with containers and virtualization solutions
- Familiarity with front end technologies such as JQuery and Angular
- .Net development (MSBuild)
- Familiarity with cloud offerings (AWS / Azure / Google Cloud)
- Working within a globally distributed team