Fntech company with branches in Denmark and Poland. As an IT partner for a wide range of banks and other parties in Denmark's financial industry, we create financial solutions for 20-30 % of the Danish bank customers. We make it possible for them to check their account online, take out loans, and transfer money. In other words, everything it takes to run a bank.
Support and daily maintenance of the kafka platform
Help building an advanced customer platform
As a developer you will challenge and be challenged by your colleagues in creating the new event streaming platform based on Kafka, which will ensure the future success of BEC’s customers. You will contribute to the development and integration tasks on the Kafka platform. You will be part of a SAFe team responsible for implementing a strategic integration platform to ensure that the platform is continuously expanded with new capabilities to support business needs. The technology and methods are brand new in BEC, allowing you to help design and shape the platform from the beginning. We use Domain Driven Design for modeling, which is why you will be working closely together with other development teams in implementing the method in their work.
You will become part of one of the most exciting development journeys within Platforms & Architecture for the Danish financial sector. In collaboration with several customers, BEC is developing a platform based on Kafka, which will support the specific business needs of each bank. In addition, you will be working with a modern toolset, including technologies, methods and principles e.g. Apache Kafka supported by Confluent, Java, OpenShift, Kubernetes, CI / CD and best practices in software development, test-driven development, design patterns, etc.
Your primary tasks include, (but are not limited to):
- Development and document automated deployment of Kafka platform and support tools
- Development of tools and procedures for the operations, e.g. monitoring, logging
- Implementation Kafka platform in multiple environment (development, test, UAT and prod)
- Support and daily maintenance of the Kafka platform
Who we're looking for?
As a person you are service-minded and accustomed to working with customers, partners and colleagues. The ability to prioritize and meet deadlines related to ongoing deliveries and operations is an essential qualification for the role. You have an analytical and structured approach to your work and works well independently and as part of a team. You are passionate about creating innovative and stable IT solutions. It is in your nature to think about scalability and operational stability.
Furthermore, we would like you to have:
- An education within IT/software engineering or similar
- 2+ years of experience in Kafka, preferable from the financial sector
- Experience with Kubernetes / Openshift, Ansible, Terraform
- Experience with monitoring tools (e.g. Zabbix)
- Experience in working in an agile development team
- Strong English (written and spoken) and communication skills
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience in banking