The Senior Software Engineer participates in the design, implementation, and testing activities for industry-leading commercial software known for its innovation and usability. In particular high performance real-time scalable features based on Rockwell’s Manufacturing Execution System (MES) that are often integrated with machine automation and control systems as well as ERP software.
Assignments include participation in requirements development, architectural design, coding and testing in the all stages of the software development lifecycle. This role includes collaboration with multiple global cross-functional teams and requires strong communications skills and ability to work effectively in the large project teams.
Joining Rockwell Automation Software Development group allows to become part of a team that is committed to use reliable and well-thought-out engineering and software development practices (such as Agile/SCRUM and SAFe) as well as open and direct communications, honesty and respect.
Key methodologies/ technologies in the project:
Java 8, Java 11, Microservices, Java EE, Java Swing, SQL Server/ Oracle, Eclipse and IntelliJ, GitLab, SVN, Maven, ANT, JUnit, Jenkins, Microsoft Azure, Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence etc.)
- Develops and documents code, according to the development process, that satisfies the software design.
- Develops and executes thorough unit test plans. Reports, analyzes, debugs and corrects anomalies. Integrates with other components, solving problems across subsystems and products, to produce a final product.
- Leads or participates in reviews of documents, designs, code, test cases and user documentation.
- Provides work estimates and status reports as requested. Maintains adequate interaction to ensure assigned tasks are prioritized appropriately.
- Effectively teams with others through mutually supportive professional relationships, open and direct communication, honesty and respect.
Who we're looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- At least 4 years in a software product development environment
- Proficiency in data structures, algorithms and object-oriented designs in Java programming language internals including class loading, memory management, transaction management, asynchronous message handling, multithreading, localization, etc.
- Experience with Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Experience with Java 8
- Experience with microservices architecture
- Experience with Cloud platforms (knowledge of Microsoft Azure preferred)
- Database design and programming skills in SQL Server and/or Oracle.
- Familiarity with common development tools as Eclipse, SVN, GitLab, JUnit, JIRA, Jenkins, ANT
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent English, that enables collaboration with global team
Nice to have:
- Experience with Java 11 or higher, Spring
- Familiarity with common development tools as IntelliJ, Maven
- Familiar with agile development processes
- Domain knowledge in the field of Industrial Automation including MES applications
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Leisure package for families
- Financial bonus
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking