The person in the given job position is going to be involved in the development of our products in a wide perspective. From single ECUs (Electronic Control Units), being the heart of HVAC devices, and also various digital services extending capabilities of our products and systems with numerous IoT features. These two domains, Embedded and IoT, lay the foundations of our complex HVAC solutions in space climate control for residential and commercial heating and cooling systems based on heat pumps, gas boilers, ventilation and many other products all supported with home automation and energy management systems.
With the growing complexity of our solutions we put significant attention on the uniformity and scalability of the architecture and interfaces’ designs as also on the accuracy and versatility of diagnostics systems. To manage and maintain the best control over those areas we are using tools and methodologies compatible with ODX-standard (Open Diagnostic Data Exchange) - created for a standardized data exchange between different system’s units implemented in various electrical and electronic architectures and communication topologies.
As a member of our development team you will be responsible for:
- data modeling, designing and definition of data structures and its attributes to be used by system’s interfaces,
- direct cooperation with system architects and software developers,
- material analysis and preparation of solutions for requested needs,
- proactive involvement in finding the best fitting solution to given requirements,
- maintenance and refinement of database storing ECU variants and data structures definitions with the use of our tools chain supporting ODX-standard,
- support of software developers (across whole value chain) in implementing the functions using established interfaces and defined data structures,
experience in the ‘Research and Development’ field:
- at least Bachelor’s in computer science, telecommunication, electrical engineering or any equivalent study programmes,
- 5+ years experience in the Research and Development field related to electronic embedded systems,
- problem-solving engineering mindset,
- fluent in written and spoken English,
- independent, self-motivated and a strong team player with experience in working across matrix organizations and able to lead and moderate discussions,
- on daily basis, able to cooperate closely with projects’ key architects and developers, responsible for delivery of the product design, to understand the details of implementations,
- able to see the system architecture in “the big picture” and willing to ask questions and challenge the status quo to provide better customer and business outcomes,
experience in software development support:
- knowledge of software development lifecycle in embedded systems and digital products, o expert knowledge of object oriented software programming concepts and principles, o experience with designing, modeling and documenting data interfaces used to exchange the information between the interconnected components in the complex systems,
- experience in management and maintenance of documentation/databases addressing ECUs software versioning - variants, scope changes tracking, etc.
nice to have:
- experience with any tools supporting ODX-standard,
- comfortable with both agile and waterfall environment,
- experience with continuous integration tooling (TeamCity/Jenkins),
- experience with use of GIT,
- experience with use of Jira,
- German language skill at any level,
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Leisure package for families
- Language courses
- Financial bonus
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Integration events
- Chill room
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking
We are a family business, 100% managed by the Viessmann family.
We work with the mission of changing the world for the better in the face of climate change.
We contribute to the success of Viessmann, we develop proprietary software.
Our applications are market leaders in optimizing energy consumption in homes around the world. We make use of solely modern technologies.
Our applications are dedicated to:
- the B2B market for Installers and Service Technicians - enabling remote configuration of Viessmann devices and facilitating the automation of the installation process.
- the B2C market for End Customers - enabling remote management of Viessmann devices in the home environment (heating - boilers and heat pumps, ventilation, air purifiers, PV systems, power solutions electric cars).
Facts about us:
- +390 employees
- over 10 years of experience on the IT market
- family atmosphere (not a slogan, see for yourself)
- the app store rating of our apps at 4.7
Why our R&D Viessmann Center is right place for you?
- We are our own client - each release is a wonderful feeling.
- We have a real influence on the choice of technologies we use. All you need to do is to properly justify your choice, and the company will allow you to show yourself off technologically.
- We care for the environment and a healthy lifestyle - this is what we speak out loud about in our country.