Who are we?
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 41 countries in Finland, the US, the UK, Spain, Luxembourg, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we
do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
What do we do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
What are we looking for?
To support the company’s growth, we continue to scale our Analytics team and looking for a Data Engineer to join us in the Helsinki area, Finland. ICEYE Analytics is responsible for building solutions that enable near-real-time assessment of the impact of global natural catastrophes and geophysical change using remote sensing technology. These solutions empower end users to quantitatively make timely actions for event characterization, assessment, and response during stressful and uncertain times.
About the role?
As a Data Engineer, you will help the Data Engineering team to build a highly scalable and resilient data platform and provide easy to use workflow and orchestration capabilities for our Analytics users so that they can focus on their strengths. You will build scalable services and tools to help partners implement, deploy and analyze data assets with a high level of autonomy and limited friction. You will help ensure ML-powered products are scalably and robustly executed in a cloud-based environment against large geospatial datasets. You want to build best-in-class solutions using robust coding practices and the latest tech to excel Analytics at ICEYE.
- Develop highly scalable and resilient services/data pipelines for data ingestion and processing using modern big data technologies.
- Build and maintain infrastructure and tooling to enable the development and deployment of machine learning models at ICEYE.
- Improve the data quality and reliability of the pipelines through proper monitoring and failure detection.
- Comfortably collaborate with cross functional partners and lead technical initiatives end to end.
- Continuously learn and grow to
- Produce simple, high quality clean code using frameworks, services, and reusable assets where possible and help analysts and scientists in Analytics to write better code through coaching and mentoring.
- You have at least 2 years of software/data engineering professional experience.
- You are skilled at crafting and building robust distributed microservices with tools like Docker, Kubernetes, AWS ECS/EKS etc.
- You are proficient in object-oriented and/or functional programming languages like Python.
- You have experience with SQL and have a good understanding of relational databases.
- You are dedicated to code quality, automation and operational excellence: CI/CD pipelines, unit/integration tests.
- You have some experience with infrastructure-as-code (Terraform).
- Ideally you have some experience working with ML engineers to build tooling and automation to support the entire ML engineering lifecycle, from experimentation to production operations. Experience with KubeFlow, AWS Sagemaker, Hadoop, Airflow would be great. We also use Argo and Valohai for our workflows so knowledge of those would help you a lot.
- We work with huge amounts of geospatial data so having experience with those is a huge plus.
- You put Agile values into practice every day.
- You are able to effectively collaborate with cross functional partners and explain sophisticated technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- You are comfortable finding your own way and live well in the continuous stream of change that is inevitable in a start-up that is beginning to scale.
- Healthcare package
- Language courses
- Temporary housing
- Flight ticket
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Bicycle parking
ICEYE Polska Sp. z o.o.
ICEYE is building and operating its own commercial constellation of synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data already available to customers. These satellites can take images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark. Information derived from these images will help our customers understand the world better and help them make more intelligent decisions. We launched the world’s first SAR microsatellite in January 2018 and have raised $152M in financing to date.
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from roughly 40 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We don’t listen to people who say it can’t be done: we go and do it!