Who are we?
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 41 countries in Finland, the US, the UK, Spain, Luxembourg, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
What do we do?
ICEYE is building and operating its own commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
We launched the world’s first small SAR satellite in January 2018. To date, ICEYE has successfully launched a total of 16 SAR satellite missions and has raised $304M in financing. We don’t plan to stop - join our team and let’s achieve great things together!
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced IT Field Service Engineer to work based in Brasilia, Brazil to work with a key client of ours as a remote consultant engineer on our Operations & Maintenance team (which is based in our Operations Centre in Warsaw, Poland). We need someone who has a good problem solving brain and who enjoys working with customers and fellow engineers to fix things and find solutions to various technical challenges.
Challenges you’ll help us solve:
- Main tasks: Provide superb support for customers with IT and Engineering related requests within internal SLO time
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues
- Troubleshoot network connectivity issues
- Manage pre-configured computers and accesses for customers
- Support JIRA Service Desk tickets and JIRA tasks
- Plan and place orders for new hardware and software
- Participate in deploying new solutions in a rapidly changing scaleup environment
- Maintain ISO9001 standards
Challenges we’ll train you to help us solve:
- Diagnosing and resolving Space Segment Hardware and Software issues
- Diagnosing and resolving Ground Segment Hardware and Software issues
Key Skills & Experience:
- Fluent in (Brazilian) Portuguese and also high level or fluent English.
- 3+ years experience working in a technical problem solving environment, such as a Field Service Engineer, IT Service Desk, Maintenance Engineer, or some other similar role
- Interpersonal and teamwork skills with excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively and pleasantly with demanding customers
- Excellent judgement in handling serious customer problems
- Willingness and proven ability to learn new technologies in new fields
- Excellent knowledge of Windows (cmd and powershell) and Linux (bash or similar) on a command line level
- Experience with any ticketing system - i.e. JIRA Service Desk/ServiceNow
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently
Desirable, but not essential skills & experience:
- Script writing skills - (Powershell/Bash/Python) and experience with writing scripts to automate processes
- Prior space industry, ground station, ground segment, or mission operations experience
- Very good knowledge of Active Directory
- Prior military experience
- Prior experience working with Brazilian government customers
- You don’t need experience with these, but it would be useful if you have some experience with the following, as some of the technologies you will use to help build and maintain our product delivery services include, but are not limited to: Terraform, Ansible, Packer, Python, Go, AWS, vSphere, REST, SCIM, Kubernetes, Istio, Splunk, Git.
- Healthcare package
- Language courses
- Temporary housing
- Flight ticket
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Bicycle parking
ICEYE Polska Sp. z o.o.
ICEYE is building and operating its own commercial constellation of synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data already available to customers. These satellites can take images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark. Information derived from these images will help our customers understand the world better and help them make more intelligent decisions. We launched the world’s first SAR microsatellite in January 2018 and have raised $152M in financing to date.
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from roughly 40 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We don’t listen to people who say it can’t be done: we go and do it!