Who are we?
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 41 countries in Finland, the US, the UK, Spain, Luxembourg, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
What do we do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
What are we looking for?
To support the company’s growth, we continue to scale our Structural Analysis/Mechanical team and looking for a Structural Analyst (FEA) Engineerto join our global Spacecraft Engineering Team.
About the role?
As a Structural Analyst Engineer, you will analyse the structure for strength and resiliency on the whole spacecraft; how it behaves as a whole unit, but also on smaller components of the satellite - verify and analyse the mechanical structures produced by the Mechanical Team to ensure it will survive launch and the environment.
- Structural Analysis of the spacecraft and its subsystems to ensure mission safety and optimization.
- Verify mechanical designs
- Deliver quality engineering work within time, budget and according to the relevant quality standards.
- Develop and implement standards, procedures and efficient working methods.
- B.S. degree in Aerospace, Mechanical engineering or similar.
- 5+ years of experience with spacecraft or launch vehicle structures
- Experience with dynamic and static analysis with focus on Sine, Random and shock analysis
- Experience in structural analysis of composites and sandwich structures
- Experienced with Nastran & Hyperworks
- Familiar with programming
- Comfort working at a rapid phase and growing environment
- Healthcare package
- Language courses
- Temporary housing
- Flight ticket
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Bicycle parking
ICEYE Polska Sp. z o.o.
ICEYE is building and operating its own commercial constellation of synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data already available to customers. These satellites can take images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark. Information derived from these images will help our customers understand the world better and help them make more intelligent decisions. We launched the world’s first SAR microsatellite in January 2018 and have raised $152M in financing to date.
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from roughly 40 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We don’t listen to people who say it can’t be done: we go and do it!