We’re at the forefront of the data revolution, committed to building the world’s greatest data and applications platform. Our ‘get it done’ culture allows everyone at Snowflake to have an equal opportunity to innovate on new ideas, create work with a lasting impact, and excel in a culture of collaboration.
We are actively hiring talented distributed systems developers from Europe and across the world for our European Engineering Center. Our office is located at Potsdamer Platz in the heart of Berlin. It is conveniently accessible by train, subway, bus, or bicycle - and there are a large number of restaurants, cafes, and shops within walking distance. The official language for this office is English.
This is a unique opportunity to join other experienced engineers who will form the core of a new distributed systems team in Berlin. The focus of this team will be to build infrastructure components to solve complex problems involving distributed systems, service-oriented architectures, metadata storage, cloud infrastructure, and more. This role offers the ability to make a significant impact on our elastic, large scale, high-performance infrastructure.
Why join the Engineering team at Snowflake? Building new enterprise technologies is complex, and our engineering team surmounts the obstacles. As a member of our team, you will:
- Build an industry-leading Cloud Data Platform that customers love.
- Solve challenging technical problems related to security, parallel and distributed systems, programming, resource management, large-scale system maintenance, and more!
- Experience Implementing multi-tenant systems, with focus on isolation and security.
- Learn about and contribute to:
- Super-robust and secure enterprise SaaS platform that services thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of complex queries daily.
- Highly-scalable and reliable cloud platform that runs on hundreds and thousands of machines.
- Optimizing performance and resource management in Java systems.
- Join a world-class team of both industry veterans and rising stars.
AS A SENIOR DISTRIBUTED SYSTEMS ENGINEER AT SNOWFLAKE YOU WILL:
- Design and implement complex, distributed platforms for storing data, scaling parallel algorithms, etc.
- Analyze fault-tolerance and high availability issues, performance and scale challenges, and solve them.
- Pinpoint problems, instrument relevant components as needed, and ultimately implement solutions.
- Understand trade-offs between consistency, durability and costs to build solutions which can meet the demands of rapidly growing services.
- Ensure operational readiness of the services and meet the commitments to our customers regarding availability and performance.
OUR IDEAL SENIOR DISTRIBUTED SYSTEMS ENGINEER WILL HAVE:
- 5+ years industry experience designing, building and supporting large scale systems in production.
- Experience building large scale distributed fault tolerant services.
- Excellent understanding of low level operating systems concepts including multi-threading, memory management, networking and storage, performance and scale.
- Strong CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, and distributed systems.
- Systems programming skills including multi-threading, concurrency, etc. Fluency in C++ or Java preferred.
- Track record of identifying and implementing creative solutions.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure - AWS, Azure or Google Cloud.
- BS in Computer Science; Masters or PhD Preferred.
- Fluency in English.
Snowflake delivers the Data Cloud—a global network where thousands of organizations mobilize data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance. Inside the Data Cloud, organizations unite their siloed data, easily discover and securely share governed data, and execute diverse analytic workloads. Wherever data or users live, Snowflake delivers a single and seamless experience across multiple public clouds. Snowflake’s platform is the engine that powers and provides access to the Data Cloud, creating a solution for data warehousing, data lakes, data engineering, data science, data application development, and data sharing. Join Snowflake customers, partners, and data providers already taking their businesses to new frontiers in the Data Cloud.