We’re at the forefront of the data revolution, committed to building the world’s greatest data and applications platform. Our ‘get it done’ culture allows everyone at Snowflake to have an equal opportunity to innovate on new ideas, create work with a lasting impact, and excel in a culture of collaboration.
We’re hiring talented Senior Software Engineers to expand the Snowflake data streaming team here in Berlin, Germany and help us build the next generation of real time streaming data platform and enable our customers to bring insights to their data with extremely low latency and extremely high throughput. We are in need of strong engineers who are enthusiastic about building new cutting-edge technologies, who look forward to tackling complex data systems related problems and can pick up and understand deep technical areas quickly. This role is a unique opportunity to make a significant impact to our elastic, large scale, high-performance computing environment!
AS A SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER AT SNOWFLAKE YOU WILL:
- Work with other engineers and Product Managers in our globally distributed team to define the functionality and design of our next generation streaming data platform.
- Be responsible for driving new feature development from inception, design, testing to the eventual release to address customer requirements and meet business goals.
- Build highly reliable software to meet and exceed the needs of our largest customers.
- Analyze fault-tolerance and high availability issues, performance and scale challenges, and solve them.
- Ensure operational readiness of the services and meet the commitments to our customers regarding reliability, availability and performance.
OUR IDEAL SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER WILL HAVE:
- 7+ years industry experience designing and building distributed data systems.
- Experience building enterprise grade, reliable and trustworthy software or services.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Excellent problem solving skills, and strong CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, and distributed systems.
- Fluency in Java or C++.
- Ability to work in a team environment, collaborate well, and mentor junior engineers.
- Strong oral and written English language skills
BONUS POINTS FOR EXPERIENCE WITH THE FOLLOWING:
- Building/enhancing stream processing systems: Flink, Beam, Spark Streaming, etc.
- Analytic database technologies, especially internal design and implementation
- Developing database or distributed systems internals
- Large scale distributed systems, transactions and consistency models.
- Implementing multi-tenant systems, with focus on reliability, performance, isolation and security.
- Designing and implementing systems for public or private clouds.
Snowflake delivers the Data Cloud—a global network where thousands of organizations mobilize data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance. Inside the Data Cloud, organizations unite their siloed data, easily discover and securely share governed data, and execute diverse analytic workloads. Wherever data or users live, Snowflake delivers a single and seamless experience across multiple public clouds. Snowflake’s platform is the engine that powers and provides access to the Data Cloud, creating a solution for data warehousing, data lakes, data engineering, data science, data application development, and data sharing. Join Snowflake customers, partners, and data providers already taking their businesses to new frontiers in the Data Cloud.