The role is a Hybrid based role, in an office in Warsaw, on a B2B contract with the candidate. Interact offers lots of employee benefits, on par with “UoP” employees, including paid holiday allowance, access to learning and development platforms, etc.
We're looking for pragmatic, problem-solvers, who are exceptional Engineers - you'll be faced with big problems, and build things that reach millions of users. Do you have deep expertise in .NET/C# alongside a healthy dose of SQL, and web applications experience? We'd love to talk to you!
Interact provides enterprise-grade SaaS intranet service that connects over three million employees to leading global names like Levi's, Domino’s, Teva Pharmaceuticals, and Sony PlayStation.
- Take the lead in developing the most complex parts of our core products
- Write high-quality, performant and safe code which is easy to maintain and understand
- Avoid over-complicating solutions – knowing when to use the right pattern, or add another layer of indirection (and usually when not to) is essential
- Coach team members and contribute to code reviews and architecture decisions
- Implement industry-class working practices and work as subject matter expert of .NET technologies
- Work closely with full-stack and back-end engineering teams
- Work closely with QA teams to ensure robust testing approaches
- Work with production data and logs to understand issues that arise in production – supporting our technical support teams for the most complex issues when needed
- Writing and implementing proposals for product and codebase changes
- 5 years+ of commercial experience working with large .NET codebases for high-volume applications
- Expert knowledge of C#/.NET (Framework or Core/above)
- Good knowledge of SQL
- Good knowledge of unit and E2E testing approaches
- Strong understanding of web technologies and a working knowledge of modern infrastructure setup (you don’t need to be an expert, but at least know the building blocks)
- Deep appreciation of writing clean, testable, maintainable code which stands the test of time
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken) – we don’t hire brilliant solo developers, only people that are great collaborators
- Diligence across all work – you're not happy just fixing a bug, you need to understand exactly what caused it in order to get a good night’s sleep
- Excellent time management – you should be comfortable surfacing potential deviations from the plan and weighing up pros/cons of any given approach
- Adaptability – you should be comfortable architecting solutions to last the next decade, as well as rapidly prototyping something which won’t make it to production
- Strong critical thinking skills – at Interact the best ideas win. You should be comfortable challenging those around you, and being challenged
Note: You should treat this list like a software spec – you don’t need to cover 100% of the requirements above- we primarily hire people with an excellent attitude and proven track record, so if you’re unsure, please apply.
- Style guide
- Code review
- Static Code Analysis
- Code metrics
- Version control: Git
- Unit tests
- Integration tests
- Performance tests
- Manual testing
- Automated testing
- Additional monitor
- Methodology: Agile - but it does depend on the project
- Architectural decisions are made by: Head of Architecture
- Who chooses technology: Head of Engineering
- Project management software: Jira
- Language courses
- Open to Ukrainian candidates
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
Interact provides enterprise-grade intranet software that connects over three million employees to leading global names like Levi's, Domino’s, Teva Pharmaceuticals, and Sony PlayStation.
Interact is Head Quartered in Manchester, UK, with offices in, New York, Tulsa, and Warsaw, we operate across North America, EMEA, and Australia. Interact serve Enterprise customers around the world, and operate a very large-scale global SaaS service focused on delivering best-in-class internal communications software, desired to serve global enterprises ranging from 10s to 100s of thousands of employees.
Mission: Our mission is to inform and connect every organization's greatest asset: its people.
We are looking for passionate technology-focused individuals to join us in disrupting the digital workplace. If you're a great engineer, and you're looking for a challenge, where you can make a difference - get in touch!
Progression Framework: https://progression.interactengineering.io/engineering/fullstack
Engineering Blog: https://interactengineering.io/
We cultivate an environment of excellence in engineering – bringing in experts, providing context, and trusting them to deliver outstanding results. Our software is the lifeblood of our business, so we care deeply about consistently delivering quality products to market, which means a focus on deliverability and customer obsession.
The tech stack is mostly based on the Microsoft stack, with the solution written in .NET, with a MS SQL database. The frontend users a mixture of technologies ranging from vanilla JS, HTML, CSS, to React and components in Vue.js. Search is powered by ElasticSearch, and caching is powered by Redis distributed clusters. The service is hosted on AWS globally, and is responsible for serving millions of users, and tens of billions of web requests each month. The solution is a multi-tenanted, SaaS solution. We are currently in the process of moving to .NET 6 and Linux-based container hosting, and modernizing core parts of the application. There are normally several streams of work at any point in time, from BAU (Business as Usual) bug-fixing work, to new feature projects (based on the Product roadmap), and platform work (framework changes, stability, performance, scalability, etc.)
Our Engineering department is composed of several technical squads, QA squads, and dedicated teams such as Product, Cloud, Tech Support, etc. Our Engineers are always encouraged to make the solution better, propose ideas, and to learn on the job by aligning areas of interest with upcoming projects, which ties into our Progression Framework used to promote growth within the team.