At Duco, we believe in developing potential so we’re not looking for the perfect candidate with gold medals and superpowers. Even if you don’t have everything listed below, if you think you could be great in this role please do apply. We want to hear from you. Truly!
This is a remote position Poland-wide with the possibility to work at our office based in Wroclaw.
We started Duco because we believe that dealing with data at scale requires more intelligent systems. The proliferation of data formats, complexity and volumes are causing big issues in enterprises, who spend billions dealing with the resulting problems. It doesn’t need to be this way. Today, Duco provides Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions in the cloud to Financial Services, Insurance, and FinTech companies dealing with mission-critical data management issues and provides firms on-demand data integrity and insight, helping to drive operational efficiency, business agility and strategic decision-making.
Duco’s mission is to “make managing data easy” by replacing spreadsheets and technology-heavy solutions in areas like data prep, reconciliation, data quality and data management with a user-friendly, machine learning-powered platform.
Headquartered in London, with offices in the UK, US, Singapore, and Poland, Duco’s software is used by 14 of the top 30 global banks, asset managers with over $10 trillion in assets, leading payments innovators, exchanges and custodians, and insurers.
We’re going through a high growth phase, so we’re seeking several talented developers to join our Development team and be part of something truly transformational in the data space.
Bet you’re thinking ‘Yeah, lots of companies are hiring developers. So what?’
There’s one big difference here: At Duco, we give our developers the freedom to do their best work.
We put people first. Always! We genuinely care about transparency and we make sure to give everyone a voice. Regardless of roles or seniority levels, we value all opinions and input. We communicate honestly, whether the news is good or bad, and share knowledge and successes openly. Our philosophy is always to support, not micromanage.
Don’t take our word for it though, this is reflected in our Glassdoor reviews!
About the role
Developers at Duco work as part of an agile, cross-functional, empowered engineering team. Each autonomous team owns the destiny of their part of the product and makes decisions jointly, alongside representatives from Product, Sales and other customer advocates. They don't just "code up" stuff that someone else specifies. Because where’s the joy in that?
You could be developing our award-winning reconciliation platform to meet future scaling requirements. Or building out our data prep (ingestion and transformation) product. Or maybe both, by helping refactor common components to a fully service-oriented architecture.
In terms of technologies, the ‘heavy lifting’ is mostly done in Java; web frameworks in use include Ruby on Rails and Spring Boot; and we utilise both MySQL and Clickhouse databases. It all runs in a cloud infrastructure which leverages Kubernetes, Docker and Helm. We also care very much about the developer experience, so we invest in the right tooling. Recently, that’s included projects involving Gitlab, Bazel and automation testing frameworks.
And across the stack, you should expect continuous diversification and development. We improve through innovation, so we welcome the impetus that new eyes and fresh perspectives can bring.
Day to day you’ll be:
- Designing and building new features, new services and new technologies
- Ensuring the code you and your team deliver is supportable and highest quality
- Working with Product Owners to understand customers and scope out work
- Performing code reviews for others, and having your code reviewed by your peers
- Teaching and mentoring less experienced colleagues
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- A keen interest in writing resilient software that scales
- Extensive experience with Java or other statically typed languages
- Experience with one web framework (Spring Boot or Ruby on Rails)
- Working knowledge of SQL and/or relational database concepts
- Experience in splitting application from monolith to microservices
Not essential, but it would be great if you have the following:
- Experience with AWS
- Solid experience with one dynamically typed language (e.g. Ruby)
- Aptitude with CI and CD pipelines (GitLab preferred)
- Experience with Kubernetes deployments (Helm)
- Exposure to Ubuntu Linux
Duco Technology Poland Sp. z o.o.
Work at Duco
WE’RE NOT A TYPICAL EMPLOYER We believe that everyone does their best and achieves their full potential when they’re happy and engaged. Everyone should love what they do and feel proud of their work. That means:
* You get a genuine voice in what we do and how it’s done
* You can expect us to always communicate honestly and openly, whether the news is good or bad
* You’ll be part of a culture built on trust, support, and knowledge sharing (no-one micromanages here)
* We believe in collaboration and sharing success, not in red tape
* You’ll be encouraged to explore new ideas, try different things, and ask questions
The Duco Platform brings together data prep, data quality, reconciliation and lineage across enterprise. It delivers rapid deployment of no-code, machine learning powered solutions that enables our clients to build a single source of truth for mission-critical data across their organisation.
A new way to gather, normalise and transform your operational data immediately, without coding. Perfect for highly controlled and regulated environments.
Duco Alpha – our machine learning engine – speeds up set up even further by analysing data and suggesting field matches to minimise manual work. Ingest and normalise data from multiple flat files, with no need for coding, uses our unique Natural Rule Language.
Part of our strategy for this year is to build from scratch new products, we are happy to tell you more during interview process.