At NAVBLUE we formed our software development teams around a matrixed organization where team members belong to a chapter, in which their skills, competencies and standards are solidified and grown. They are also members of a Squad where they utilize those skills and competencies to support the squad to be a self-sustaining team able to build and release quality software. Squads belong to a Tribe, which coordinates and ensures the squad’s focus and output are aligned to support services and solutions for a product or vertical.
We are looking for a skilled full-stack C# developer with a passion for frontend development to join our team and work with our existing squads to accelerate NAVBLUE initiatives.
The Frontend chapter is focused on, but not limited to, the skills and tech stack for Software Development around:
- Web and Mobile Frontends
- HTML, CSS/SASS
- SPA, Micro frontends
- UX, Responsive Design, Accessibility
- Design Systems
As part of a squad you will support all aspects of software development including estimates, design, coding and testing, automation and support of solutions and their deployment process. Squads support specific services which work together to provide flight operation solutions for airlines to run safe and performance operations.
Squads can be flexible, so there is always an opportunity to work on new and existing technologies, as well as new or existing solutions, bringing your experience to a variety of challenges.
- Coding, testing, documenting and debugging assigned development tasks to meet acceptance criteria
- Review and constructively critique code submissions from other squad members
- Conducts code refactoring at the functional level to make code more testable
- Guides unit/feature testing creation on existing functions as well as new code
- Implement product features with limited specifications through engagement with stakeholders
- Supports other squad members in story estimating and story breakdown as well as their own
- Create and review proposed test cases and test automation to execute them
- Identify and communicate potential obstacles in squads plans and define contingency plans
- Able to break down complex problems into manageable pieces and make progress with moderate supervision of senior team members
- Solving customer issues on time and suggest possible workarounds, supporting Jr. members with the same
- Guide others in agile development concepts and participate in our SAFe process
- Identify your own learning needs and create a plan to pursue them
- Adopts a positive attitude towards change and continual improvement
- Prioritizes squad success over individual success
- 2 to 5 years of working experience
- Working knowledge of C# and HTML5
- Solid understanding of frontend technologies and concepts
- Must work effectively with others in a team environment
- Strong development fundamentals
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- QT/QML considered a benefit
- Experience in AWS
- Style guide
- Code review
- Static Code Analysis
- Code metrics
- Version control: Git
- Unit tests
- Integration tests
- System tests
- Performance tests
- Manual testing
- Automated testing
- Additional monitor
- Personal container
- Methodology: SAFe. Scrum
- Architectural decisions are made by: Architects & Team
- Who chooses technology: Engineering Leads & Team
- Project Managers: 1
- Project management software: Agility
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Language courses
- Leisure package
- Leisure package for families
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking
- Hot beverages
NAVBLUE, an Airbus Company, is a leading global provider of flight operations solutions, including aeronautical charts, navigation data solutions, flight planning, aircraft performance software (take-off/landing, weight and balance), and crew planning solutions. You’ll be able to shape the future of the digital aviation industry by working on several of the best in the industry flagship products enabling pilots, dispatchers, flight engineers and other aviation personnel on a daily basis to deliver safe, efficient, and reliable flight operations all over the world. You’ll have the opportunity to support millions of flights each year and help NAVBLUE customers maximize efficiency, reduce costs, ensure compliance with complex national and international safety regulations, and effectively deliver their services.
You’ll join a team with a focus on digital and collaborative innovation that is passionate and customer-focused. Over the last few years, Airbus has been supportive of various initiatives such as Going Digital, Performance Based Navigation Services, Air Traffic Management Modernization Programs, FlySmart on iOS and other digital projects related to new aircraft technologies; the launch of NAVBLUE was therefore a natural step to further develop its Flight Operations and Air Traffic Management Portfolio.
NAVBLUE is a fully owned subsidiary of Services by Airbus, fueled by the agility of Airbus ProSky and Navtech (acquired in 2016), and the pioneering spirit of Airbus, NAVBLUE was created in July 2016 with one mission: lead aviation into the digital age.
NAVBLUE is based in Hersham (UK), Cardiff (UK), Toulouse (France), Waterloo, ON (Canada), Bangkok (Thailand), Malmö (Sweden), and Gdańsk (Poland) with other offices all around the world.