Aviation. It connects our world, brings people together, provides opportunities, accelerates economic growth, and is just so very cool!
At NAVBLUE we formed our software development teams around a matrixed organization where team members belong to a chapter, in which their skills, competencies and standards are solidified and grown. They are also members of a Squad where they utilize those skills and competencies to support the squad to be a self-sustaining team able to build and release quality software. Squads belong to a Tribe, which coordinates and ensures the squad’s focus and output are aligned to support services and solutions for a product or vertical.
As part of a squad you will support all aspects of software development including estimates, design, coding and testing, automation and support of solutions and their deployment process. Squads support specific services which work together to provide flight operation solutions for airlines to run safe and performant operations.
We are looking for Senior Software Developer to join our team and work with our existing squads to accelerate our new cloud services developments and utilize AWS services to re-platform our current airline solutions to take advantage of the cloud.
The Services chapter is focused on, but not limited to, the skills and tech stack for Software Development around:
- System Patterns
- Object Oriented Design and SOLID principles
- High availability and scalability design
- Cloud, on prem, and hybrid systems
- Serverless technology
- Algorithms & Optimization
- Extend existing infrastructure/architecture or propose new infrastructure/architecture to support new features
- Propose architecture design changes to ease implementation/improve product behavior
- Coding, testing, documenting, and debugging assigned development tasks to meet acceptance criteria
- Set standards for squad member code submissions
- Propose changes at design level to make product testable
- Guides unit/feature testing creation on existing functions as well as new code
- Implement product features with limited specifications through engagement with stakeholders
- Provides technical direction for solutions within services/products
- Coordinate cross squad/product test implementation, focusing on reusability and avoiding duplication of test cases / auto-test scripts
- Identify and communicate potential obstacles in squads plans and define contingency plans
- Able to propose solutions to complex problems and develop solutions with minimal supervision to make progress
- Works to find the root cause of challenging problems
- Guide others in agile development concepts and participate in our SAFe process
- Seek new ways to improve tribes's productivity
- Testing experience, one or more of the following:
- Unit testing
- Functional/automated testing
Nice to have:
- Cloud experience (AWS preferred)
- Experience writing Gherkin/Cucumber
- iOS experience
- Effective collaboration within Agile teams
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Style guide
- Code review
- Static Code Analysis
- Version control: Git
- Unit tests
- Integration tests
- System tests
- Performance tests
- Manual testing
- Automated testing
- Additional monitor
- Personal container
- Methodology: SAFe. Scrum
- Architectural decisions are made by: Architects & Team
- Who chooses technology: Engineering Leads & Team
- Project Managers: 1
- Project management software: Agility
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Leisure package for families
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking
- Hot beverages
NAVBLUE, an Airbus Company, is a leading global provider of flight operations solutions, including aeronautical charts, navigation data solutions, flight planning, aircraft performance software (take-off/landing, weight and balance), and crew planning solutions. You’ll be able to shape the future of the digital aviation industry by working on several of the best in the industry flagship products enabling pilots, dispatchers, flight engineers and other aviation personnel on a daily basis to deliver safe, efficient, and reliable flight operations all over the world. You’ll have the opportunity to support millions of flights each year and help NAVBLUE customers maximize efficiency, reduce costs, ensure compliance with complex national and international safety regulations, and effectively deliver their services.
You’ll join a team with a focus on digital and collaborative innovation that is passionate and customer-focused. Over the last few years, Airbus has been supportive of various initiatives such as Going Digital, Performance Based Navigation Services, Air Traffic Management Modernization Programs, FlySmart on iOS and other digital projects related to new aircraft technologies; the launch of NAVBLUE was therefore a natural step to further develop its Flight Operations and Air Traffic Management Portfolio.
NAVBLUE is a fully owned subsidiary of Services by Airbus, fueled by the agility of Airbus ProSky and Navtech (acquired in 2016), and the pioneering spirit of Airbus, NAVBLUE was created in July 2016 with one mission: lead aviation into the digital age.
NAVBLUE is based in Hersham (UK), Cardiff (UK), Toulouse (France), Waterloo, ON (Canada), Bangkok (Thailand), Malmö (Sweden), and Gdańsk (Poland) with other offices all around the world.