We are looking for a motivated and talented Software Engineer to join our team and help build the distributed, cloud-based platform for AI-powered cancer diagnostic solutions. You will be responsible for building end-to-end ML/AI powered features by partnering with Medical Doctors, Data Scientists and other Software Engineers. The right candidate will have a strong passion for DevOps, backend development, interest in Machine Learning, and desire to work on solutions that help diagnose early stages of cancer.
- Write effective, scalable code
- Test and debug programs
- Improve functionality of existing systems
- Analyze data
- Train Machine Learning / Deep Learning models
- 4+ years of commercial software development experience
- 2+ years of experience building and shipping distributed services and APIs
- Knowledge of Python
- Experience with Linux
- Experience working with cloud (e.g. AWS) and containerization (e.g. Docker) technologies
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Code review
- Static Code Analysis
- Version control: git
- Unit tests
- Integration tests
- Performance tests
- Manual testing
- Automated testing
Alcid Sp. z o.o.
Alcid has been a leader in Eastern Europe in cancer diagnostics. We have introduced modern genetic testing onto the Polish market. More recently, we have embarked on a ground breaking research project to automate cervical cancer screening using computer vision techniques. In a nutshell, our technology allows for automated diagnosis of cancer from a microscope slide, reducing the time it takes to diagnose from days to minutes.