Welcome to the Avanade Poland Digital Innovation Studio, where the best in creative and technology mix it up to push the boundaries of innovation. We're a dynamic, big-idea-dreaming, mishmash of designers, UX architects, technologists, delivery experts, writers, and more, who, when brought together, create transformative digital experiences for some of the biggest and the best brands on the planet. Sound like a place you wouldn't mind hanging your hat? Great, keep reading.
About the role:
We are looking for a developer to expand and maintain JVM-based project using Scala's pure functional programming approach. Building upon industry-standard toolset like Cats, Akka, Slick and expanding it with Scala.js, Zio, and Hazelcast. The project focus is to automatically optimize, compile and execute calculations expressed in a domain-specific language. To achieve the best results, we use scala metaprogramming and take advantage of machine learning to analyze syntax.
We are looking for an engineer experienced with JVM stack, willing to use a functional approach on daily basis. Someone who can communicate with business, propose a solution, and implement it. In our code reviews, we put high emphasis on code quality in a clean functional manner. From the new developer, we expect responsibility and readiness to deal with complex problems.
- Dealing with complex problems daily
- Team of 6 (growing) - composed of Scala and ReactJS developers
- Rich benefits package, yearly bonus program
- 2y+ Scala experience OR at least 3 years in the Java stack AND willingness to learn Scala
- Computer Science and development fundamentals, including Functional Programming (FP)
- Experience analyzing, designing, developing, implementing and maintaining application code in a variety of contexts
- Familiarity with Cats library, Scalaz library, ZIO library, Slick, Akka-HTTP, Macwire, Flyway will be a huge plus
- Proficient ability to communicate complex information to technical and non-technical partners
- Solid written and spoken English skills
- Remote work, travel to the office may be required for client visits (once or twice per year)
Avanade leads in providing digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business, and industry expertise. Avanade has 57,000 digitally connected people across 25 countries.
In May 2021, Avanade opened its Warsaw office. The new team offers clients a wide portfolio of tailored end-to-end Microsoft-based business transformation solutions, especially in the areas of workplace, business applications, data analytics, artificial intelligence, and cloud.
Kraków and Wrocław offer access to incredible clients from Europe and North America. Here, you will also have access to unparalleled training and Microsoft certifications, and an exciting career path whether you’re just starting out or you have decades of experience under your belt.
Please visit: https://www.avanade.com/pl-pl/career