The PowerStore Software Engineering team delivers next-generation application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
Join us as a Software Engineer, on our PowerStore Engineering team in Poland to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
As a Software Engineer, you will be a part of a global team responsible for developing sophisticated system software for the industry leading Dell PowerStore storage appliance. Our development team is results oriented, fast, and flexible – we fit well with people who want to make a big contribution to product development and have the desire to learn and excel. The work environment is positive and dynamic. And you will be working with new and interesting technologies in a setting where innovation is appreciated and rewarded.
- Contribute to the design and architecture of our industry-leading modern storage platforms
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, including development, test, continuous delivery, and support
- Perform technical leadership in the Virtualization space and Control Plane as it pertains to VMWare integration with Dell Storage platforms, guide the team through technical issues and challenges, mentor new team members, perform code reviews
- Be an active member of an agile team, collaboratively realizing features with other teams across the globe on Virtualization and storage technologies
- Participate and lead elements of Dell/VMware collaboration, including design partnerships and development of new virtualization features, as well as leading investigation of issues related to VMware integration
- Achieve the company’s innovation goals, lead patent harvesting and fill in patent applications specific to Virtualization and Storage technologies
- Ability to understand, extend, design, and develop large, sophisticated software systems
- 6-8 years of related experience
- Excellent knowledge and working experience in software development using Java programming language
- Profound insight of Java internals (Classloading, Memory Management, Transaction management etc)
- Knowledge of other programming languages such as Python, C++ and Linux shell scripting
- Experience in working with Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies
- Experience in software development on and for Linux-based operating systems
- Knowledge of other software technologies. Test frameworks: jUnit, pytest. Build systems: maven, gradle and make. Version control: git. Continuous integration technologies: Jenkins, ansible.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and ability to debug complex system-level problems
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Additional monitor
- Healthcare package
- Lunch card
- Life insurance
- Language courses
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
Our story began with a belief and a passion that everybody should have easy access to the best technology anywhere in the world. That was in 1984 in Michael Dell’s University of Texas dorm room. Today, Dell Technologies is instrumental in changing the digital landscape the world over. From hybrid cloud solutions to high-performance computing to ambitious social impact and sustainability initiatives, what we do impacts everyone, everywhere. At Dell Technologies there are endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities across the globe. A team fueled by collaboration. A culture that foster innovation and values a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Dell Technologies has been present in the Polish market for 30 years and this year (2022) we decided to expand our innovations business. We are opening a Software R&D Center. For this, we’re building a team of hundreds of innovators who want to make a lasting impact on our solutions—and on the future of technology across the industry. We are actively hiring software engineers, tech leaders and more. These opportunities are opened remotely across Poland.