Our Frontend development team is made up of almost 30 Software Engineer, working across 15 independent teams. These delivery focused project pods work on the Ryanair website, Ryanair Rooms website and internal applications. Our continuous delivery approach means we follow the Agile Scrum methodology.
We are looking for talented software engineer to join our digital development team. In this role you will work closely with our development and product team to develop, modify and support our website and user interfaces across all channels. We want someone who is motivated by emerging technologies and has a passion to drive digital transformation. A real desire to work in a collaborative and fast-paced retail environment is essential. You will be joining Ryanair at an exciting time with an ambitious roadmap to become digital leaders and pioneers.
Our Tech Stack is based on the latest frontend technologies and frameworks. We are using the latest version of Angular, Typescript, NgRx, RxJs etc. and a microsites architecture. All our projects are hosted in the cloud (AWS) using a serverless infrastructure delivered with cloud native pipelines. We are using feature flags to rapidly deliver new functionalities to our users safely.
- Delivering best-in-class user interfaces across the Ryanair.com platform.
- Developing high quality, testable and performance software using agile practices.
- Driving best technology and software development practices in the team with passion and enthusiasm.
- Assisting analysts and business stakeholders in shaping, estimating and planning new requirements.
- Participating in regular showcases of new work to the product owners and business stakeholders.
- Striving for continuous improvement within the team.
- Expert knowledge of building high performing and available websites and how to apply page performance optimization techniques.
- Adept at building and maintaining cross browser/device compatible sites.
- Exposure or appreciation of agile development practices.
- Passionate about user experience.
Bonus points for:
- AWS knowledge and proficiency (CloudFront, S3, Lambda, CloudFormation, CDK etc.)
- Experience working with GraphQL API’s
- Experience of working with large e-commerce websites and their underlying databases.
- IT Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience.
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Open to Ukrainian candidates
- Money for moving expenses
- Flight ticket
- Adaptation tips
- Visa Services
- Bicycle parking
- Car parking
- Hot beverages
- Chill room
- Integration events
Ryanair Holdings plc, Europe’s largest airline group, is the parent company of Buzz, Lauda, Malta Air & Ryanair. Carrying 149m guests p.a. (pre Covid-19) on more than 2,500 daily flights from over 80 bases, the Group connects over 225 destinations in 37 countries on a fleet of 450 aircraft.
Ryanair Labs is the technology brand of Ryanair, a tech start-up within a legacy airline.
The work you will be doing, will be seen by millions of customers across Europe, we have more than 2 million visit our website every day, and more than 750 thousand in mobile apps. By working with us you can also travel more – from day one our employees can use discount for flight tickets!