We're looking for an experienced Software Engineer with a proven track record of developing and integrating browser software for an embedded environment.
You will work in an agile environment reporting to a Group Lead or Project Manager and will have considerable exposure to our clients and other partners. Working as part of a small team, you'll be a key part of the planning, design, development, debugging and integration of embedded browser software modules for cutting edge broadcast and internet TV receivers, Set Top Boxes and similar embedded devices. Mostly working in C++ each day under Linux, you'll optimise memory, performance and solve hard multi-threading problems in big code bases as well as targeting code to new platforms.
What we'll give you in return
- Employment contract at 16,000 - 22,000 PLN gross / month
- B2B contract, if this is what you prefer
- Hybrid or office-based work - your choice!
- An indefinite period employment contract from the start
- A twice-yearly company bonus scheme
- Opportunities to train, develop and grow, as well as learn from talented colleagues
- 26 days' holiday as standard, rising an extra day for every calendar year you stay with us (up to a maximum of 31 days)
- A broad benefits' package including private medical care and a cafeteria of benefits
- Flexibility in your working hours and home office
- 3+ years of experience as a C++ or C developer in an embedded Linux or Android environment
- Some previous experience porting OTT browser applications
- Strong debugging and problem-solving skills
- Experience developing and debugging multithreaded and/or multi-process code
- Ability to understand complex issues and discuss them via phone, email and other methods
- Code review
- Knowledge Base
- Version control: Git
- Unit tests
- Performance tests
- Manual testing
- Automated testing
- Additional monitor
- Personal container
- Methodology: Scrum, Kanban
- Project management software: JIRA, Confluence
- Can switch project
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Leisure package for families
- Financial bonus
- Language courses
- Flight ticket
- Money for moving expenses
- Open to Ukrainian candidates
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Chill room
- Playroom for children
- Integration events
Consult Red is an employee-owned company and a trusted partner to some of the world's largest brands. We're an R&D technology partner that develops cutting-edge 'Internet of Things (IoT) smart, connected products, video and broadband end-user equipment, streaming TV devices, networks and platforms. Connected devices and systems developed by Consult Red are currently in more than 30 million homes around the world.
Our story started in 2003 when five friends founded the company in Shipley, West Yorkshire. Since then, we've grown a lot. We work with the world's leading media operators, including Liberty Global (Virgin, UPC), Comcast (Sky) and AT&T (Directv), and in the last 12 months alone we’ve grown our team in the UK, Poland and the US by 40%. We're now over 220 people globally, working collaboratively to provide an industry-leading consultancy service across software development, hardware, embedded, and cloud technologies.
We're proud to be an employee-owned business. At Consult Red, everyone has a stake, and everyone has a say. The employees are the business owners, and we work together with shared values and purpose towards our common goals. We want every team member to feel empowered, have a say in our future, and share in our success.