About the client:
Our client is a UK subsidiary of a global financial house working in multiple markets and asset classes.
About working environment:
Our team primary locations are Warsaw and Turkey. We are working remotely in client's environment. Currently, the team operates fully in WFH mode.
Main Purpose of the Role :
Work within the team to deliver the following:
- Provide timely monitoring of our incident, problem and request queues to ensure that all tickets are assigned and to address the issues raised by these tickets.
- Manage data restore requests and requests for block, file and object storage
- Work with platform teams to resolve any storage related issues
- Investigate technical problems and deliver clearly documented and tested solutions
- Identify potential issues and escalate these to the team leader
- Produce clear and accurate documentation where appropriate
This is a highly technical role, requiring the individual to possess the highest levels of skill and experience and carry out all activities with the greatest of care.
The role will involve a great deal of interaction with colleagues throughout the business, and strong communication skills are essential.
The individual must be able to work unsupervised and to develop understanding of an environment where documentation is not always available.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Provide subject matter expertise across all aspects of the online storage etstate for both MUFG Bank and MUFG Securities. This includes; block, file and object storage systems and all associated equipment such as switches and replication systems
- Develop a working knowledge of the data backup systems across both entities, sufficient to be able to confidently provide support to users and colleagues when required
- Ensure that all storage systems are online and operating normally and within required SLA's.
- Complete the daily check process and ensure that all assigned checks are completed and recorded daily with appropriate remedial action where necessary.
- Plan and implement recommended udates on a regular basis, to ensure that all systems are operating in accordance with manufacturers recommendations and security requirements.
- Complete storage allocations from all platforms in accordance with end user requests.
- Implement system changes when required and adhering to all approriate change control prcesses.
- Attend and represent system changes at Change Advisiory Board meetings when required.
- Ensure incident, problem and Request queues are monitored and actioned within SLAs.
- Identify potential areas of improvement and develop remedial plans in co-ordination with the team manager
- Perform data restores as and when requested
- Check and remediate failed backup jobs to ensure that all systems are backed up in accordance with backup policies
- Develop scripts to automate wherever possible
- Work with vendors to remediate issues
- Pottentially participate in an on-call rota to provide out of hours support when required.
- Excellent knowledge of block storage , file storage, object storage, and SAN technologies. Including:
o EMC VNX (File)
o EMC ECS
o EMC Isilon
o EMC PowerStore
o Cisco MDS fabric switches
o Strong Excel skills
o Ability to think and work independently in a fast evolving environemt with limited documentation.NICE TO HAVE
- Working knowledge of the following would be an advantage::
o EMC Networker
Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company, is a global digital strategy and software engineering firm with about 18,000 international employees within its 44 offices in 21 countries. It is headquartered in Zug, Switzerland.
In 2000, Luxoft was established in Moscow under the direction of Dmitry Loschinin. In 2008 it acquired ITC Networks in Bucharest. In 2013, Luxoft was listed on the New York Stock Exchange, following an initial public offering of 4.1 million shares at $17.00 per ordinary share.
In January 2019, Luxoft was acquired by U.S. company DXC Technology. Luxoft partnered with LG Electronics to create a next-generation Autonomous Mobility concept vehicle that integrates consumers' personalized digital lifestyles into a driving experience. Luxoft enabled Switzerland's first Blockchain based e-vote platform with the City of Zug and Hochschule Luzern's Blockchain Lab.
Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company is a world-renowned company. It has been present on the Polish market for over 11 years. We have offices in Krakow, Warsaw, Wroclaw, and Tri-City. We employ almost 2,000 experienced experts carrying out projects for over 40 clients from the financial, automotive, medical, tourist industries, etc. We work for many international clients, including the USA, Great Britain, and Switzerland.
So far, Luxoft Poland has made a name for itself as a company that offers work on innovative projects, we offer various experiences in the field of IT, opportunities for rapid development, an extensive training program, and attractive benefits for employees.
At present, 62% of Luxoft Poland employees come from Poland, and 38% from around 50 countries, including Ukraine, Brazil, Russia, India, Belarus, Turkey, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Romania, USA, etc.
At Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company, as much as 85 percent of employees are experts with the "Senior" experience level, with at least five years of experience. We care about our employees, so every day we try to provide them with the best possible conditions for work and development.
Technology is our passion! We focus on top engineering talent means that you will be working with the best industry professionals from around the world. Because of that, Luxoft is a global family with an epic atmosphere – we love what we do!