xWave Technologies is an Irish start-up that is on a mission to save lives by ensuring that patients get the best diagnostic imaging test first. Started by a group of leading Irish
radiologists in 2020, xWave develops smart health platforms that improve patient outcomes and deliver efficiencies for health systems.
xWave have recently released our smart radiology referral platform, xRefer, which uses evidence-based guidance to support clinicians to select the best test for their patients. This results in much better patient outcomes, accurate and timely diagnosis, and significantly reduces costs for health systems.
As we roll out our xRefer platform across Ireland, Europe and UK in the coming years; we will be focused on continually improving the xRefer platform and applying AI and machine learning technologies to our data resources in order to make personalised and predictive healthcare a reality.
This is an exciting opportunity to join and support the growth of xWave Technologies. The
Software Engineer role will be integral in our organisation and your expertise will be relied
upon for the design and continued development of our technical platform.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designing and developing enhancements to our technical platform.
- Provide input to all phases of technical design, planning, development, testing, deployment, and system integration.
- Work with an agile team to bring system design and requirements to fruition within the required time frame. Ensure that features that are built fulfil user requirements and adhere to business
- strategy and needs.
- Work with Engineering and Product Manager and COO/Business Development Team to agree on scope and timeline of feature development.
- Ensure that technical design, development, and implementation deliver on our agreed roadmap and business needs.
- 3+ years of professional experience PHP development with popular web frameworks like Laravel or similar
- Excellent communication skills that allow business requirements to be accurately reflected in the system architecture.
- You will have extensive experience building B2B or B2C systems and engaging with technology laypersons to solicit and structure their business needs, and effectively translate them into tangible, planned, and timed deliverables from your engineering team
- Some experiencing managing and deploying servers in cloud infrastructure environments.
- Extensive experience with data modelling and database design
- Ability to follow software development best practices within an agile framework
- Degree in a relevant technical discipline or equivalent experience in the software development industry
- Highly technically competent with the ability to work within tight deadlines
- A thorough understanding of system design patterns and how and where to apply them in your solutions
- Strong fundamental understanding of design patterns and their application within an Object Oriented environment.
- Comfortable with and eager to work through all points of the software development cycle; workshops, gathering requirements, high and low level documentation of designs and architectures, user story definition, backlog management, engineering, QA, and release management processes
- Fluent English speaker. Additional languages a bonus
- Enjoy software development, want to enjoy your work and have a desire to continually improve, solve problems and learn new domains, techniques, and approaches
Nice To Have:
- Experience with Flutter (desirable, but on the job training will be given)
- Additional experience as a clinician in healthcare delivery, research, informatics, terminologies, clinical decision support, and/or health IT systems.
- Additional education and/or experience in public health, health services research, or related field.
- Code review
- Unit tests
- Automated testing
xRefer is a cloud-based clinical decision support system that supports referrers to order the best test first for their patients and supports radiology teams in vetting referrals more efficiently.
xRefer has been developed in partnership with both the European Society of Radiology (iGuide) and the Royal College of Radiologists (iRefer) to enable referrers to access evidence-based guidelines at the point of care with their patients.