Application Database Administrator
The position will support database development and support for Back Office software engineering teams. As the database administrator, the role will work collaboratively with the engineering project teams to consult on application design, optimize database utilization, performance tuning, recommend efficient data schemas, and database application development.
Business applications supported by this group will include real-time payment and supplier management processing, complex and multi-national financial accounting reporting and transaction automation, high-volume trade processing and prime broker reconciliations, trade affirmation venue integration, profit and loss statements, investor and fund accounting, and employee / payroll reporting and processing cycles.
This role is responsible for developing and administering database enhancements and systems. Responsible for delivering capacity and performance management programs to ensure system reliability. Assisting and developing developer database programming to ensure quality database procedures and configuration. Coordinating deployments, database planned maintenance, and development with core database administration team. Monitoring and enhancing applications so that database queries and transactions perform within optimal levels and efficiency.
What you'll do:
- Understand and translate business requirements into technical design specifications
- Implement application database capacity and performance management processes.
- Review database architectures, schemas, security processes to ensure technical designs
- Develop technical and software solutions using test-driven and agile software development methodologies
- Participate in identifying new database technologies and methodologies to continuously improve database speed and efficiency.
- Implement application database monitoring and create proactive performance monitoring and tuning recommendations.
We are building a team to run technology, innovation and support for a world-class investment management institution. The scope of the applications and business areas covers applications and infrastructure support, trading, risk management and reporting, market data processing, market surveillance and intelligence, books keeping, reporting and more.
We are establishing a star team capable of facing the challenges of modern highly paced environments, lots of data, demand for top-class performance, availability and reliability. We utilize a wide stack of technologies and keep innovating and adopting new architectures and ways to retain leadership in the marketplace.
We are looking for bright people with engineering talent and highly proficient in their technological area, ready to continue learning and challenging the status quo as they work, willing to learn from mistakes and continue excelling.
Join our international team which located in Warsaw (Poland) , work with matured technical experts and obtain experience from different IT areas. Get a chance to hands-on in projects related to infrastructure migration and buildout, software delivery and support.
Who we're looking for?
Required Experience and Skills
- Extensive hands-on experience with relational, OLAP, and unstructured databases (MongoDB)
- 10+ years working with relational databases, Microsoft SQL-Server.
- Experience performance tuning database centric queries and procedures
- Programming database procedures and integrations.
- Experience utilizing common industry unit testing frameworks.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to the highest ethical standards while working with sensitive data
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Knowledge of other database technologies (e.g. Graph), and ElasticSearch.
- Knowledge of reporting and data aggregation technologies such as Tableau, Kinetica.
- Programming experience with Python, C#, or Java.
- Knowledge of ActiveBatch, DynaTrace, AWS infrastructure.
- Experience using ETL technologies such as Pentaho and NiFi
- Understanding of portfolio accounting, fixed income products, equity trading, and compliance regulations.