Our Software Quality Engineering team ensures that our next-generation software is of the highest quality. We conduct a wide range of quality control tests and analyses to ensure that our software meets or exceeds end-user requirements. We debug software products, oversee the development of test plans, ensure system tests are documented, analyze the results, provide feedback to developers and make sure that all problems are resolved. We also select testing specifications for new products and ensure testing procedures comply with industry-specific standards.
Join us as a Software Quality Principal Engineer on our Software Quality Engineering PowerStore team in Poland to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
PowerStore is Dell's industry-leading midrange storage platform, a Storage Array developed from scratch at Dell and aimed to the mid-range customers. The Array supports the newest industry enhancements in Storage "world" as Dedup/Compression of Data, Asyns/Sync/Metro replication, Blocked and File based Storage, vVols and much more.
As a Software Quality Principal Engineer, you will develop, revise and maintain test plans, test cases and automated test scripts that include resource requirements, schedule assumptions and scope based on pre-determined product requirements. You will work with Product Development; Product Management and the Customer Support teams to ensure product quality and customer satisfaction. You will collaborate to develop comprehensive test plans across Dell’s product portfolio. You will also have the opportunity to drive continual process improvements for the evolution of testing procedures and their future replication.
- Contribute to test plan development activities by working with the feature development team. Learning the feature and develop test plan for the feature.
- Author and execute test cases and testing methodology for manual and automated tests.
- Provide requirements and specifications for the automation of test cases.
- Develop new test automation based on the test plan.
- Be responsible for delivery of subsystem, anticipating issues and addressing proactively.
- 8 to 12 years of related experience.
- General knowledge of at least one mainstream language (preferred proficiency in Python, XML, Perl and/or Scripting Languages).
- Experience with developing test plans and automation.
- Object Oriented/modular programming and experience.
- Source control systems preferably GIT.
- Advanced understanding of quality tools, data and processes.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Familiarity with scripting languages, Perl or Shell scripting in open systems.
- Additional monitor
- Healthcare package
- Lunch card
- Life insurance
- Language courses
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
Our story began with a belief and a passion that everybody should have easy access to the best technology anywhere in the world. That was in 1984 in Michael Dell’s University of Texas dorm room. Today, Dell Technologies is instrumental in changing the digital landscape the world over. From hybrid cloud solutions to high-performance computing to ambitious social impact and sustainability initiatives, what we do impacts everyone, everywhere. At Dell Technologies there are endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities across the globe. A team fueled by collaboration. A culture that foster innovation and values a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Dell Technologies has been present in the Polish market for 30 years and this year (2022) we decided to expand our innovations business. We are opening a Software R&D Center. For this, we’re building a team of hundreds of innovators who want to make a lasting impact on our solutions—and on the future of technology across the industry. We are actively hiring software engineers, tech leaders and more. These opportunities are opened remotely across Poland.