The PowerStore Software Engineering team delivers next-generation application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
Join us as a Software Principal Engineer, on our PowerStore Engineering team in Poland to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
As a Software Principal Engineer, you will be a part of a global team responsible for developing sophisticated system software for the industry leading Dell PowerStore storage appliance. Our development team is results oriented, fast, and flexible – we fit well with people who want to make a big contribution to product development and have the desire to learn and excel. The work environment is positive and dynamic. And you will be working with new and interesting technologies in a setting where innovation is appreciated and rewarded.
PowerStore is Dell's industry-leading midrange storage platform, a Storage Array developed from scratch at Dell and aimed to the mid-range customers. The Array supports the newest industry enhancements in Storage "world" as Dedup/Compression of Data, Asyns/Sync/Metro replication, Blocked and File based Storage, vVols and much more.
- Contribute to the design and architecture of our industry-leading modern storage platforms and take part in the full software development life cycle, including development, test, continuous delivery, and support.
- Be an active member of an agile team, collaboratively realizing features with other teams across the globe.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of test strategies for complex storage software products and systems.
- Proven ability to understand, extend, design, and develop large, sophisticated software systems.
- Deep understanding of core Linux networking technologies (familiarity with eBPF is a plus), as well as container and hypervisor networking.
- Good system and network programming skills, knowledge of languages such as C, python, and golang.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and ability to debug complex system-level problems.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Knowledge of container technologies (Docker / Kubernetes) and at least one primary virtualization stack (vSphere, Hyper-V, KVM, Xen).
- Knowledge of public cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) networking architectures and capabilities.
- Additional monitor
- Healthcare package
- Lunch card
- Life insurance
- Language courses
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
Our story began with a belief and a passion that everybody should have easy access to the best technology anywhere in the world. That was in 1984 in Michael Dell’s University of Texas dorm room. Today, Dell Technologies is instrumental in changing the digital landscape the world over. From hybrid cloud solutions to high-performance computing to ambitious social impact and sustainability initiatives, what we do impacts everyone, everywhere. At Dell Technologies there are endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities across the globe. A team fueled by collaboration. A culture that foster innovation and values a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Dell Technologies has been present in the Polish market for 30 years and this year (2022) we decided to expand our innovations business. We are opening a Software R&D Center. For this, we’re building a team of hundreds of innovators who want to make a lasting impact on our solutions—and on the future of technology across the industry. We are actively hiring software engineers, tech leaders and more. These opportunities are opened remotely across Poland.