We focus on mobile applications, websites, backend infrastructure, IoT, blockchain as well as data science/ML/AI. We have a footprint in specialized domains like dating, crypto and mobile gaming. On top of that, we’ve also got some successful internal spin-off projects (like Surge and Zoe), with more in the works — including a space western multiplayer NFT game.
Core Tech Stack
- Framework: Koa, Express
- Cloud: Heroku, AWS, GCP, Azure
- Databases: Postgres, MongoDB
- Containers: Docker
- Continuous integration: Github Actions
Our culture is very open and friendly, with everyone on the team self-driven in delivering the highest possible value for clients — because we all care about building partnerships and creating products that make us proud.
With over 100 engineers, platform experts, team leads and mentors, there’s always someone to consult, have a code review with and learn from.
As a Mid-Level Engineer
- Join our backend team and expect to work on only one project at a time
- Handle the entire backend lifecycle of project development, from designing the architecture, APIs and cloud infrastructure to implementation and deployment
- Cooperate with other departments, such as Design, Frontend, Mobile, QA and Product Management to deliver top-notch results
As a Senior Engineer
- All of the above, plus:
- Advise other engineers on best practices and guide them when needed
- Help define the future evolution of backend at STRV
“Why do NodeJs developers need a helmet? To secure headers.” - If you laughed, you probably understand — in which case, proceed below :)
We Expect You to Have
- Experience with backend development, preferably with a background in Node.js (or other technologies/languages)
- Experience with development of RESTful or GraphQL services
- Experience with at least 1 relational and/or 1 no-SQL database
- Solid English — this is a requirement, as you will be speaking directly with our US-based clients
Nice to Have
- Experience with Docker and at least one of the major cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience in other backend languages is a plus but not necessary, especially: C# .NET, Golang, Python
- Code review
- Pair programming
- Static Code Analysis
- Knowledge Base
- Version control: Git
- Unit tests
- Integration tests
- Performance tests
- Manual testing
- Automated testing
- Additional monitor
- Business phone
- Freedom to select tools
- Methodology: Scrum
- Architectural decisions are made by: You :)
- Who chooses technology: Team
- Can switch project
- Leisure package
- Language courses
- Financial bonus
- Adaptation tips
- Temporary housing
- Help finding an apartment
- Flight ticket
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Chill room
STRV is a software design and engineering team. We’ve earned the trust of industry leaders and bold dreamers the likes of ClassDojo, Barnes & Noble, Minted, Barry’s, MedMen, Autodesk, The Athletic and more.
Here since 2004, we believe in taking on challenges. In turn, we challenge ourselves and our partners, molding every idea into something exceptional.
Our vision is not a convoluted puzzle. It’s simple and honest: We want to do top work. Every design, every line of code, is something STRV proudly stands behind. And this is possible only thanks to our biggest asset — the team.
We are curious individuals that stay busy, and we like it that way. Transform a crazy idea into a product impossible to ignore? We're in. Provide guidance and structure while we're at it? That's what we do.
Fearlessly going all in is what STRV was built on. Our feet may be firmly on the ground today, but our restless resolve isn't going anywhere.