Senior Java Developer
- The candidate will work in a global multi-discipline development team to deliver an workflow orchestration engine for a strategic risk management engine in MS Azure (all cloud native)
- Primary development skill will be Java, but candidates will also need to learn and code in a secondary language such as Python
- Participate in the full development cycle – analysis, build , test , deploy
- Apply and enforce the standards in place for continuous integration and deployment, using the dev ops stack in a self-service manner
- Participation in the estimation, planning process and requirement analysis.
- Communication with customer on business requirements, technical solutions, architecture proposals etc.
Our client, a top tier investment bank, is building a new platform for risk management which would be a cross-asset solution for the whole company. The platform will be built using cloud-native services and technology stack in Microsoft Azure. Core elements of the project will include building a highly-scalable workflow orchestration engine with state of art dependency tracking and monitoring, as well as a data lake for risk results.
Who we're looking for?
- Knowledge of common Java frameworks (Spring, Mockito, JUnit) and strong core Java foundation
- Good problem solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Willingness to work with and learn new technologies (e.g. Python, Azure platform services)
- Good understanding of Agile Methodologies – able to deliver in short sprints
- Understanding of microservice architecture patterns
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code e.g. Terraform
- Familiarity with MS Azure stack
- Experience with RDBMS (PostgreSQL or similar preferred)
- Knowledge of big data stack a bonus (e.g. Apache Spark, Hadoop, Kafka)