Senior Data Engineer – Krakow – Hybrid Working Pattern
We’re Kingfisher. You might know us as Castorama, B&Q, Screwfix, Brico Depot or Koçtaş. We’re made up of over 78,000 passionate people, call over 1,300 stores home and operate in 8 countries. That’s right, we’re big, but we have ambitions to become even bigger and even better. We want to become the leading home improvement company and grow the largest community of home improvers in the world. And that’s where you come in.
At Kingfisher our customers come from all walks of life, and so do we. We want to ensure that all colleagues, future colleagues, and applicants to Kingfisher are treated equally regardless of age, gender, marital or civil partnership status, colour, ethnic or national origin, culture, religious belief, philosophical belief, political opinion, disability, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation.
We advocate the benefits of a flexible and hybrid working environment, recognising that this means different things, to different people, in different roles.
We are going through and exciting period of change and are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior Data Engineer to join our Data Engineering team. You will work as part of our exciting greenfield tech hub covering all facets of technology within Kingfisher. You will be responsible for quality assurance of engineering on the data platform to ensure continued service delivery versus expectations. You will have understanding of all engineering stages for a data platform by providing an end-to-end, full stack data expertise from design to build.
If you're looking for an exciting opportunity to step out of your comfort zone and make a real impact building better software, this is the job for you!
What we offer
- In return, we offer an inclusive environment, where what you can achieve is limited only by your imagination! We encourage new ideas, actively support experimentation, and strive to build an environment where everyone can be their best self.
- We’re adopting a hybrid approach with some office and some home working, on average 40-60% in the office. You will be based in our office in Krakow, where we opened a global Business Services (GBS) Centre in 2017.
- We also offer a competitive benefits package and plenty of opportunities to stretch and grow your career.
Interested? Great, apply now and help us to Power the Possible.
- Responsible for providing direction to data engineers working on the data platform, including best practices, review and testing processes
- Providing engineering support as required to the data engineering resource within the delivery squads
- Responsible for ensuring we have the right data engineering resource on the programme, and they are properly onboarded and mentored
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment and by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organisations
- Provide information by collecting, analysing, and summarising development and service issues
- Accomplish engineering and organisation mission by completing related results as needed
- Support and develop data engineers by providing advice, coaching, and educational opportunities
- Developer / engineering background of large scale distributed data processing systems (or experience in equal measure)
- Knowledgeable about data modelling, governance, security, access and storage
- Programming in one or more languages within our data eco-system e.g. Python
- Implement cloud data technologies on either GCP, Azure or AWS
- Staying up to date with new technology and teaching other developers how to incorporate new trends
- Generating ideas with team members and offering insightful solutions
- Worked in an Agile delivery framework
- Methodology: Agile methodologies
- Architectural decisions are made by: Tech Lead
- Who chooses technology: Tech Lead
- Healthcare package for families
- Healthcare package
- Language courses
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
We’re Kingfisher. You might know us as Castorama, Brico Dépôt, B&Q, Screwfix, or Koçtaş. We’re made up of over 77,000 passionate people, over 1,300 stores operating in 9 countries. At Kingfisher, we believe a better world starts with better homes. We offer home improvement products and services to consumers and trade professionals in our stores and via our e-commerce channels across Europe.
Retail is changing faster than ever and we’re determined to lead the way and reimagine how our customers can make their dream homes a reality. We want to become the leading home improvement company and grow the largest community of home improvers in the world – and that starts with tech.
We’re growing. In 2017 we opened a Global Business Services (GBS) Centre in Kraków, and now we’re looking to expand our technology hub in Poland. That’s where you come in.