Senior Quality Engineer – Krakow – Hybrid Working Pattern
We’re Kingfisher. You might know us as Castorama, B&Q, Screwfix, Brico Depot or Koçtaş. We’re made up of over 78,000 passionate people, call over 1,300 stores home and operate in 8 countries. That’s right, we’re big, but we have ambitions to become even bigger and even better. We want to become the leading home improvement company and grow the largest community of home improvers in the world. And that’s where you come in.
At Kingfisher our customers come from all walks of life, and so do we. We want to ensure that all colleagues, future colleagues, and applicants to Kingfisher are treated equally regardless of age, gender, marital or civil partnership status, colour, ethnic or national origin, culture, religious belief, philosophical belief, political opinion, disability, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation.
We advocate the benefits of a flexible and hybrid working environment, recognising that this means different things, to different people, in different roles.
We are going through an exciting period of change and are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior Quality Engineer to join our Quality Engineering team. You will work as part of our exciting greenfield tech hub covering all facets of technology within Kingfisher. You will be responsible for the delivery of testing for the product/project whilst working closely to support and mentor junior members of the team.
If you're looking for an exciting opportunity to step out of your comfort zone and make a real impact building better software, this is the job for you!
What we offer
- In return, we offer an inclusive environment, where what you can achieve is limited only by your imagination! We encourage new ideas, actively support experimentation, and strive to build an environment where everyone can be their best self.
- We’re adopting a hybrid approach with some office and some home working, on average 40-60% in the office. You will be based in our office in Krakow, where we opened a global Business Services (GBS) Centre in 2017.
- We also offer a competitive benefits package and plenty of opportunities to stretch and grow your career.
Interested? Great, apply now and help us to Power the Possible.
- Contribute to define and implement new ways of working and support cultural change
- Being the voice of quality across software development, data, architecture, release readiness
- Working with other Senior Quality Engineers, Principal Engineers/Senior Engineers to support continuous improvement through Retrospective and feedback sessions
- Drive innovation and streamlining of overall testing processes
- Build strong rapport with Business stakeholders to gain context perspective and ensure alignment on priority/criticality of test coverage
- Support implementation of the agreed approach, as defined by the Principal Quality Engineer/ Test Manager, and co-ordinate the required testing activities
- Understand and break down requirements to determine the testing types needed using approaches such as 3 Amigos/Story Huddles
- Working closely with Engineering to empower developers to script and execute automated tests.
- Defining and maintaining the automation tests for services, integrations, components/applications
- Perform manual test scripting/execution as well as create test plans when required
- Producing consistent test reporting for the product team, as required by the Principal Test Quality Engineer and/or Test Manager e.g., requirement coverage or traceability
- Leverage data/metric reporting to highlight trends and systemic issues
- Identifying test data requirements and arrange the creation accordingly (in line with the Test Data Strategy)
- You enjoy coaching and mentoring other Engineers (Quality and Development), advocating best practices
- You have working knowledge of Jenkins, Git/GitLab, Jira, and Confluence.
- You have hands-on experience of test automation:
- Understand how to apply automation best practice across Unit testing, contract/ integration testing vs full end to end automated tests.
- Platform experience to direct automation across environment stack (existing and new)
- You have experience of testing APIs; SOAP UI, RestAssured, Postman, Cypress or Web Driver IO.
- You have good knowledge of CI/CD practices, SQL and ideally are familiar with Docker.
- You have experience with microservices and simulation/mock libraries.
- You ideally have experience with Cloud environments, such as AWS, GCP or Azure.
- You ideally have experience of Agile methodology including practices such as Scrum or Kanban.
- You may have knowledge of security testing and ability to understand security concepts.
- You may have knowledge of performance testing and tooling; Load Runner/Gatling/JMeter.
- You may have Python experience.
- Manual testing
- Automated testing
- Methodology: Agile methodologies
- Healthcare package for families
- Healthcare package
- Language courses
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
We’re Kingfisher. You might know us as Castorama, Brico Dépôt, B&Q, Screwfix, or Koçtaş. We’re made up of over 77,000 passionate people, over 1,300 stores operating in 9 countries. At Kingfisher, we believe a better world starts with better homes. We offer home improvement products and services to consumers and trade professionals in our stores and via our e-commerce channels across Europe.
Retail is changing faster than ever and we’re determined to lead the way and reimagine how our customers can make their dream homes a reality. We want to become the leading home improvement company and grow the largest community of home improvers in the world – and that starts with tech.
We’re growing. In 2017 we opened a Global Business Services (GBS) Centre in Kraków, and now we’re looking to expand our technology hub in Poland. That’s where you come in.