Excellent opportunity for a Junior Java Developer
We are looking for a Java Developer to join IT Development team. The candidate must have a Computer Science orientated degree and proven Java development skills. They will work on delivery of projects, carry out enhancements and provide support on a highly critical clearing system. May be require to provide O/N support.
Individual must be disciplined in adhering to the company standards in development, testing and change management.
They will liaise and coordinate with business users and other technology areas
- Collaborate with fellow developers, financial market infrastructure experts, testers, architects and operations teams to deliver working solutions.
- Take ownership of the analysis, design, build and delivery of software components written in Java.
- Take responsibility for identification, estimation and reporting on of progress of tasks.
- Assimilate, challenge, help refine and then apply our architectural principles around scalability, security and fault tolerance.
- Develop a deep understanding of the mechanics of clearing and apply this knowledge.
- Participate in support of the wider platform, potentially joining the on-call rota.
Minimum 3 Years of relevant Java developer experience is a MUST HAVE
- Spring Boot
- JMS message API
- Understanding of the SDLC, Object Orientated and Functional programming.
- Architectural and Design patterns of modern distributed systems
- Regular use of TDD/BDD frameworks e.g. Cucumber
- Awareness of standards and best practices within the development team.
- Excellent communication and collaboration using both verbal and written skills.
- Development of maintenance procedures and processes for CI/CD processes to remove key person dependencies
- Ability to collaborate with others within the wider team to find the best way to resolve a technological, infrastructure, security or development issue.
- Build resilient, robust and secure features and take ownership throughout the SDLC
- Experience of finance and/or FX business.
- Experience in or certified as Scrummaster
- Desirable to have experience of high-frequency/low latency development
- Exposure to quant/pricing analytical libraries
- Use of any wider Spring ecosystem projects
- Any experience in Kafka as a messaging broker would be advantageous
- Use of monitoring frameworks such as Micrometer, Datadog, Prometheus, Grafana
- Front end technologies such as React, NPM and node.js
- Actor-based frameworks such as Akka or Quasar
- AWS, Terraform, Terragrunt, Kubernetes, Docker, Packer, Anthos on AWS, Istio and service mesh
- Good RDBMS skills such as Oracle or MySQL
- Exposure to NoSQL technologies
Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company, is a global digital strategy and software engineering firm with about 18,000 international employees within its 44 offices in 21 countries. It is headquartered in Zug, Switzerland.
In 2000, Luxoft was established in Moscow under the direction of Dmitry Loschinin. In 2008 it acquired ITC Networks in Bucharest. In 2013, Luxoft was listed on the New York Stock Exchange, following an initial public offering of 4.1 million shares at $17.00 per ordinary share.
In January 2019, Luxoft was acquired by U.S. company DXC Technology. Luxoft partnered with LG Electronics to create a next-generation Autonomous Mobility concept vehicle that integrates consumers' personalized digital lifestyles into a driving experience. Luxoft enabled Switzerland's first Blockchain based e-vote platform with the City of Zug and Hochschule Luzern's Blockchain Lab.
Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company is a world-renowned company. It has been present on the Polish market for over 11 years. We have offices in Krakow, Warsaw, Wroclaw, and Tri-City. We employ almost 2,000 experienced experts carrying out projects for over 40 clients from the financial, automotive, medical, tourist industries, etc. We work for many international clients, including the USA, Great Britain, and Switzerland.
So far, Luxoft Poland has made a name for itself as a company that offers work on innovative projects, we offer various experiences in the field of IT, opportunities for rapid development, an extensive training program, and attractive benefits for employees.
At present, 62% of Luxoft Poland employees come from Poland, and 38% from around 50 countries, including Ukraine, Brazil, Russia, India, Belarus, Turkey, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Romania, USA, etc.
At Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company, as much as 85 percent of employees are experts with the "Senior" experience level, with at least five years of experience. We care about our employees, so every day we try to provide them with the best possible conditions for work and development.
Technology is our passion! We focus on top engineering talent means that you will be working with the best industry professionals from around the world. Because of that, Luxoft is a global family with an epic atmosphere – we love what we do!