The client plans to modernize its Sonic Inventory product, a seat inventory management and availability calculation application, by replacing Actian NoSQL (aka. and simply referred to as Versant) database with Couchbase, the current chosen database and/or potentially another database of choice, hereby, simply referred to as "Couchbase"). This modernization effort at large involves decoupling the application business logic from database ("DB") objects, migrating DB Objects to new database data/documents, providing ability to translate and sync database changes, stream transactions to applications, and migrating availability part of application, as well as distributed availability product and simplifying the operational aspects by leveraging cloud native databases such as Couchbase.
The goal is expediting development efforts to adapt the application to new databases, such as Couchbase, and eventually enabling seamless migration from Versant Database to Couchbase with minimal operational impact.
- Develops, codes, tests and debugs new moderately complex software solutions or enhancements to existing software in a maintenance capacity.
- Works with technical staff (Domain Experts) to understand problems with software and resolve them.
- Daily cooperation with client by supporting all needs and resolving problems.
- Assist in the development of software technical documentation.
- Designs and codes moderately complex applications using routine and/or advanced technology.
- Create optimization programs to resolve problems.
- Design and build prototype applications.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
- Develop applications for cloud computing, design, maintain and operate cloud systems/microservices and applications (both commercial and noncommercial experience will be a plus)
- Engineering for the cloud system in C++
- Solid tech background in creating new/or enhancing existing microservices
- Good communications and coordination skills
- Ability of tracing and responding to unexpected events
- Deep knowledge in functional programming
- Data structures & algorithms
- Distributed systems and systems architecture
Travel industry knowledge will be the advantage
Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company, is a global digital strategy and software engineering firm with about 18,000 international employees within its 44 offices in 21 countries. It is headquartered in Zug, Switzerland.
In 2000, Luxoft was established in Moscow under the direction of Dmitry Loschinin. In 2008 it acquired ITC Networks in Bucharest. In 2013, Luxoft was listed on the New York Stock Exchange, following an initial public offering of 4.1 million shares at $17.00 per ordinary share.
In January 2019, Luxoft was acquired by U.S. company DXC Technology. Luxoft partnered with LG Electronics to create a next-generation Autonomous Mobility concept vehicle that integrates consumers' personalized digital lifestyles into a driving experience. Luxoft enabled Switzerland's first Blockchain based e-vote platform with the City of Zug and Hochschule Luzern's Blockchain Lab.
Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company is a world-renowned company. It has been present on the Polish market for over 11 years. We have offices in Krakow, Warsaw, Wroclaw, and Tri-City. We employ almost 2,000 experienced experts carrying out projects for over 40 clients from the financial, automotive, medical, tourist industries, etc. We work for many international clients, including the USA, Great Britain, and Switzerland.
So far, Luxoft Poland has made a name for itself as a company that offers work on innovative projects, we offer various experiences in the field of IT, opportunities for rapid development, an extensive training program, and attractive benefits for employees.
At present, 62% of Luxoft Poland employees come from Poland, and 38% from around 50 countries, including Ukraine, Brazil, Russia, India, Belarus, Turkey, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Romania, USA, etc.
At Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company, as much as 85 percent of employees are experts with the "Senior" experience level, with at least five years of experience. We care about our employees, so every day we try to provide them with the best possible conditions for work and development.
Technology is our passion! We focus on top engineering talent means that you will be working with the best industry professionals from around the world. Because of that, Luxoft is a global family with an epic atmosphere – we love what we do!