Open Video project focuses on a video streaming platform development for one of the largest North American TV providers.
We are looking for a QA Automation Engineer with Android testing knowledge to assess software quality. You will be responsible for end-2-end testing using Android/Java automation testing tools. The software runs on devices working under Android TV, Android Mobile, and Fire TV operation systems.
Our team spans across multiple time zones (majorly, USA & Poland) and covers the entire product life cycle, including architecture, design, coding, devOps, testing, and the rest of the software development activities required to ensure uninterrupted content streaming service to millions of customers worldwide. We work using Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) as a process framework and use software development best practices such as CI/CD, TDD, etc.
As a part of a SAFe scrum team, you have the opportunity to decide on how to build the automation framework and test the product.
• Review and analyze system specifications
• Selection or identification of test cases for automation
• Creating an automation test plan
• Create and update automation test framework
• Develop automated test scenarios and environments for performance testing
• Run test cases and analyze results
• Create logs to document testing phases and defects
• Report bugs and errors to development teams
• Help troubleshoot issues
• Conduct post-release/post-implementation testing
• Organizing, monitoring defect management process
• Handling changes and conducting regression tests
• Interaction with the people of the client-side to solve problems and update the situation
• Conduct performance testing to verify system scalability, efficiency, and reliability
• Analyze the underlying causes of performance issues and provide corrective action
• Create a test summary report for management review
• Suggest new tools and techniques to improve test efficiency
• Help in project planning, scheduling, budget, and tracking activities
• Assist in project design, development, and deployment activities
• Review and recommend improvements in existing test procedures
• Work hours: from 11 to 19
• Proven experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
• Knowledge of QA methodologies and best practices
• Experience working with Core Java and Android
• Working knowledge of test management software (e.g. qTest, Zephyr)
• Experience with Appium
• Practical knowledge of SQL
• Experience with troubleshooting
• Strong organizational skills
• Communication skills (English is a must)
• Attention to details
• Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
Nice to have
• Familiar with Agile frameworks, specifically SAFe and Scrum (we provide training on SAFe if required)
English: B2 Upper Intermediate
- Style guide
- Code review
- Pair programming
- Static Code Analysis
- Code metrics
- Knowledge Base
- Version control: Git, BitBucket...
- Unit tests
- Integration tests
- System tests
- Performance tests
- Manual testing
- Automated testing
- Additional monitor
- Personal container
- Business phone
- OS X
- Methodology: Scrum, Waterfall, Kanban
- Architectural decisions are made by: architects
- Who chooses technology: architect, team
- Project management software: mostly JIRA
- Can switch project
- Healthcare package for families
- Language courses
- Financial bonus
- Healthcare package for athlets
- Benefit System
- Benefit System for Families and Partners
- Cafeteria Program
- Healthcare package
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Car Leasing Program
- Adaptation tips
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking
- Chill room
- Integration events
- Hot beverages
- Cold beverages
Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company, is a global digital strategy and software engineering firm with about 18,000 international employees within its 44 offices in 21 countries. It is headquartered in Zug, Switzerland.
In 2000, Luxoft was established in Moscow under the direction of Dmitry Loschinin. In 2008 it acquired ITC Networks in Bucharest. In 2013, Luxoft was listed on the New York Stock Exchange, following an initial public offering of 4.1 million shares at $17.00 per ordinary share.
In January 2019, Luxoft was acquired by U.S. company DXC Technology. Luxoft partnered with LG Electronics to create a next-generation Autonomous Mobility concept vehicle that integrates consumers' personalized digital lifestyles into a driving experience. Luxoft enabled Switzerland's first Blockchain based e-vote platform with the City of Zug and Hochschule Luzern's Blockchain Lab.
Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company is a world-renowned company. It has been present on the Polish market for over 11 years. We have offices in Krakow, Warsaw, Wroclaw, and Tri-City. We employ almost 2,000 experienced experts carrying out projects for over 40 clients from the financial, automotive, medical, tourist industries, etc. We work for many international clients, including the USA, Great Britain, and Switzerland.
So far, Luxoft Poland has made a name for itself as a company that offers work on innovative projects, we offer various experiences in the field of IT, opportunities for rapid development, an extensive training program, and attractive benefits for employees.
At present, 62% of Luxoft Poland employees come from Poland, and 38% from around 50 countries, including Ukraine, Brazil, Russia, India, Belarus, Turkey, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Romania, USA, etc.
At Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company, as much as 85 percent of employees are experts with the "Senior" experience level, with at least five years of experience. We care about our employees, so every day we try to provide them with the best possible conditions for work and development.
Technology is our passion! We focus on top engineering talent means that you will be working with the best industry professionals from around the world. Because of that, Luxoft is a global family with an epic atmosphere – we love what we do!