We are GBM Surveillance IT. We work within investment banking IT organization and with other global businesses to protect our stakeholders from illegal or prohibited activity across channels, including but not limited to trading activity, audio communications and electronic communications.
We work in small teams, bringing development, testing, business analysis, QA and system reliability together. We have started on our journey towards working in a truly agile, no-silos environment. Our teams write their code, write automated test harnesses for their code, use automated mechanisms to deploy their code, and are accountable for their code in Production, including monitoring to ensure they work uninterrupted while delivering new code. All the while they also work closely with business analysts and business stakeholders to deliver value in a steady, incremental stream.
For us, DevOps is not just about technology automation (automated build, test and release). It is about a cultural focus on working cross-functionally and delivering in small increments. We do need people who are 100% focused on automated delivery and are capable of working in dynamic, cross-functional teams to make this happen!
As we're at the start of our Agile/DevOps journey, joining us will enable you to make a lasting impression in a key regulatory/compliance function in one of the world's largest banks.
• Work with the Product Owner to understand stakeholder requirements
• Responsible for building and managing data processing components and storage technologies
• Responsible for onboarding new data sources and constructing data processing pipelines to present required views of data for application developers
• Work with Data Scientists to productionise proactively developed analytics
• Ensure that development is undertaken in line with continuous integration and test driven development philosophies and that code quality standards and processes are adhered to.
• Work with Architects to both validate designs and ensure adherence to the agreed approach
• Carry out unit testing to ensure the quality of delivered components
We are looking for a Data Engineer with experience in Big Data processing technologies and techniques who is comfortable working alongside a strong, international team of engineers, to build applications for a key HSBC initiative.
Whilst core skills are listed below, Bank is mainly looking for passionate people who are looking to continually improve and challenge themselves to work in a highly disciplined, verifiable manner.
Core Skills / Characteristics
• Broad understanding of Big Data technologies.
• Experience with Hortonworks HDP/HDF
• Experience with ELK stack
• Experience with programming languages (Java, Scala)
• Experience with messaging technologies (Kafka)
• Experience with data processing frameworks (Apache Spark)
Nice to have
• Experience of deploying services on Google Cloud Platform
• Experience with programming laguages (Phyton)
• Knowledge of DataFlow, BigTable, BigQuery, PubSub, Kubernetes, Airflow
• Knowledge of machine learning libraries such as TensorFlow
English: B2 Upper Intermediate
- Style guide
- Code review
- Pair programming
- Static Code Analysis
- Code metrics
- Knowledge Base
- Version control: Git, BitBucket...
- Unit tests
- Integration tests
- System tests
- Performance tests
- Manual testing
- Automated testing
- Additional monitor
- Personal container
- Business phone
- OS X
- Methodology: Scrum, Waterfall, Kanban
- Architectural decisions are made by: architects
- Who chooses technology: architect, team
- Project management software: mostly JIRA
- Can switch project
- Healthcare package for families
- Language courses
- Financial bonus
- Healthcare package for athlets
- Benefit System
- Benefit System for Families and Partners
- Cafeteria Program
- Healthcare package
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Car Leasing Program
- Adaptation tips
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking
- Chill room
- Integration events
- Hot beverages
- Cold beverages
Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company, is a global digital strategy and software engineering firm with about 18,000 international employees within its 44 offices in 21 countries. It is headquartered in Zug, Switzerland.
In 2000, Luxoft was established in Moscow under the direction of Dmitry Loschinin. In 2008 it acquired ITC Networks in Bucharest. In 2013, Luxoft was listed on the New York Stock Exchange, following an initial public offering of 4.1 million shares at $17.00 per ordinary share.
In January 2019, Luxoft was acquired by U.S. company DXC Technology. Luxoft partnered with LG Electronics to create a next-generation Autonomous Mobility concept vehicle that integrates consumers' personalized digital lifestyles into a driving experience. Luxoft enabled Switzerland's first Blockchain based e-vote platform with the City of Zug and Hochschule Luzern's Blockchain Lab.
Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company is a world-renowned company. It has been present on the Polish market for over 11 years. We have offices in Krakow, Warsaw, Wroclaw, and Tri-City. We employ almost 2,000 experienced experts carrying out projects for over 40 clients from the financial, automotive, medical, tourist industries, etc. We work for many international clients, including the USA, Great Britain, and Switzerland.
So far, Luxoft Poland has made a name for itself as a company that offers work on innovative projects, we offer various experiences in the field of IT, opportunities for rapid development, an extensive training program, and attractive benefits for employees.
At present, 62% of Luxoft Poland employees come from Poland, and 38% from around 50 countries, including Ukraine, Brazil, Russia, India, Belarus, Turkey, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Romania, USA, etc.
At Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company, as much as 85 percent of employees are experts with the "Senior" experience level, with at least five years of experience. We care about our employees, so every day we try to provide them with the best possible conditions for work and development.
Technology is our passion! We focus on top engineering talent means that you will be working with the best industry professionals from around the world. Because of that, Luxoft is a global family with an epic atmosphere – we love what we do!