Our client is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases.
The global AI and Analytics - Imaging group under Production Informatics delivers software tools, ready-to-use deep learning-based image analysis and a deep learning framework for the analyses of digital pathology images across client's primary areas of focus in Oncology. The group develops cutting-edge capabilities to facilitate computational advances in finding cures for cancer.
There is an exciting opportunity for a talented and motivated bioinformatics engineer, eager to bring NGS data together in new ways. In this role, you will:
- Develop, test, and support data analysis tools and pipelines for Omics.
- Build scalable (Cloud and HPC), robust, well-tested solutions that work on tens of thousands of CPUs.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the scientific and technological domains supported by the NGS Informatics team.
- Design and apply innovative computational/statistical algorithms (including classic, statistical, ML, and AI techniques) to generate actionable biological insight from genomic data.
- Build and maintain a high level of experience with the team's software and IT technologies
- Collaborate with industry and academia, and exploit external resources, to find the most effective solutions to problems.
Relevant graduate degree: Bioinformatics / Computational biology: Computer Science / Engineering
- Applied experience in genomics/bioinformatics and sequencing data analysis
- Solid programming skills in multiple programming languages. Python required
- Software development best practices
- Databases (SQL)
- Cloud computing (AWS) and/ or HPC (High-Performance Computing)
- An understanding of the contribution of bioinformatics to drug discovery.
Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company, is a global digital strategy and software engineering firm with about 18,000 international employees within its 44 offices in 21 countries. It is headquartered in Zug, Switzerland.
In 2000, Luxoft was established in Moscow under the direction of Dmitry Loschinin. In 2008 it acquired ITC Networks in Bucharest. In 2013, Luxoft was listed on the New York Stock Exchange, following an initial public offering of 4.1 million shares at $17.00 per ordinary share.
In January 2019, Luxoft was acquired by U.S. company DXC Technology. Luxoft partnered with LG Electronics to create a next-generation Autonomous Mobility concept vehicle that integrates consumers' personalized digital lifestyles into a driving experience. Luxoft enabled Switzerland's first Blockchain based e-vote platform with the City of Zug and Hochschule Luzern's Blockchain Lab.
Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company is a world-renowned company. It has been present on the Polish market for over 11 years. We have offices in Krakow, Warsaw, Wroclaw, and Tri-City. We employ almost 2,000 experienced experts carrying out projects for over 40 clients from the financial, automotive, medical, tourist industries, etc. We work for many international clients, including the USA, Great Britain, and Switzerland.
So far, Luxoft Poland has made a name for itself as a company that offers work on innovative projects, we offer various experiences in the field of IT, opportunities for rapid development, an extensive training program, and attractive benefits for employees.
At present, 62% of Luxoft Poland employees come from Poland, and 38% from around 50 countries, including Ukraine, Brazil, Russia, India, Belarus, Turkey, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Romania, USA, etc.
At Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company, as much as 85 percent of employees are experts with the "Senior" experience level, with at least five years of experience. We care about our employees, so every day we try to provide them with the best possible conditions for work and development.
Technology is our passion! We focus on top engineering talent means that you will be working with the best industry professionals from around the world. Because of that, Luxoft is a global family with an epic atmosphere – we love what we do!