WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON?
You will be responsible for managing an engineering team building next generation of global platforms that transform how Nike employees around the world search, explore, access, transform and use enterprise data.
You will work within the latest methodologies and within value-driven solution delivery. You will rely on your team’s strong understanding of AWS cloud engineering and tools, development languages (Java, Golang, Python, TypeScript).
You will work in a Lean/Agile delivery environment and will support team with your experience.
You will have seven to ten direct subordinates. You will engage in five percent or less of domestic and international travel (US) and you will be ready to attend meetings with partners from US West Coast (PST zone) on regular basis. You will be engaged in supporting local activities to build and growing Nike Poland Technology Center.
WHAT YOU BRING TO NIKE?
- Proven track record of 3+ years’ experience as Engineering Manager – managing teams as part of a globally distributed technology organization
- Understanding of cloud platforms, distributed applications and willingness to learn what is necessary to help the team grow and succeed
- Defining the team setup and growing them by finding the right talents
- Ability to build a diverse and talented team with a broad range of experiences and strengths, keeping in mind the long-term health and success of his or her organization.
- Coaching and mentoring skills. Ability to proactively and continuously solicit feedback from team members and peers to help them grow.
- Willingness to support growing Nike Poland Technology Center to build great place to work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We are looking for an experienced Manager to join our Nike Poland Technology Center. A person who can help team members to develop and support them whenever necessary, set priorities and get results across boundaries. Someone who will ensure an inclusive work environment and manage team’s and individuals’ performance. You will evaluate research and development projects results to assure accomplishment of technical objectives. You will hire and chose personnel to ensure the efficient team operation. You will closely collaborate with various product roles (i.e. Product Manager, Principal Engineer, Program Manager) to achieve project and team goals.
- Code review
- Knowledge Base
- Version control: Git
- Unit tests
- Integration tests
- System tests
- Performance tests
- Manual testing
- Automated testing
- Additional monitor
- Freedom to select tools
- OS X
- Methodology: Scrum
- Architectural decisions are made by: Architect, Principal Software Engineer
- Who chooses technology: Principal Software Engineer, Architect
- Project management software: JIRA, Confluence
- Can switch project
- Healthcare package
- Financial bonus
- Healthcare package for families
- Language courses
- Leisure package
- Adaptation tips
- Help finding an apartment
- Visa Services
- Flight ticket
- Sign up bonus
- Money for moving expenses
- Temporary housing
- Hot beverages
- Integration events
- Bicycle parking
- Chill room
NIKE, Inc. is a technology company. From developing products, managing big data, and providing leading-edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology reimagine the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest in and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, giving them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary, and collaborative, taking technology into the future.