WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON?
As a member of the Service Platform team you will design, build and support internally developed cloud agnostic PaaS, API Gateway and Service catalog/mesh offerings for the Nike developers ecosystem based on modern technology such as Docker, Kubernetes, Go(lang) and Kotlin. Building these platforms will offer you the opportunity to both design and build groundbreaking systems software and use some of the most cutting-edge patterns and practices found in the cloud infrastructure repertoire.
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH?
You will work within highly collaborative, multi-discipline distributed team. You are going to work with product management to support product and service scoping activities. Your role will be to work on and present designs and constraints and to work with Product Owner and other project partners to define delivery schedules of key features in an agile fashion.
You may share backlogs with global teams, where ability to communicate openly and clearly (verbally and via documentation) would be an advantage
WHAT YOU BRING TO NIKE?
- Experience in building large-scale, production grade, cloud native software
- Experience with AWS (preferred), Azure, GCP or other
- Understanding of Docker, Kubernetes or other container technologies
- Experience in one of the following languages: Go (Golang) preferred, Java, Kotlin or Rust
- Familiarity with tooling such as: git, curl or Postman, bash
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Experience in one or more of the following automation tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, Salt, Puppet
WHAT NIKE OFFERS?
- Relocation support if you are moving to Gdansk area from a different part of Poland or from another country
- Health & well-being benefits: sports costs covered, fully subsidized medical plan including eligible dependents.
- Summer hours which allow employees to leave the office on Friday at noon all Summer long!
- Performance Sharing Plan
- Learning benefits: language training and online courses
- Financial benefits: group life insurance, disability & accident insurance
- Company product discount
- Casual and international work environment
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
A successful candidate will have a comprehensive understanding of software development best practices such as infra as code, agile SDLC, git workflows, peer code review and unit/integration testing. Experience in one or more cloud providers such as AWS, Azure and GCP environments with an emphasis on serverless and container-based technologies including but not limited to Kubernetes will be highly advantageous as will past experience writing and debugging APIs either in HTTP/REST, gRPC or GraphQL.
An ideal candidate can accept ambiguous requirements and work towards clarifying them and once agreed upon execute with autonomy. Additionally, the candidate must have a high degree of technical and intellectual curiosity, be a team player willing to mentor and be mentored by their peers and have a driving desire to grow professionally and technically and be able to communicate effectively (verbal and written).
- Code review
- Knowledge Base
- Version control: Git
- Unit tests
- Integration tests
- System tests
- Performance tests
- Manual testing
- Automated testing
- Additional monitor
- Freedom to select tools
- OS X
- Methodology: Scrum
- Architectural decisions are made by: Architect, Principal Software Engineer
- Who chooses technology: Principal Software Engineer, Architect
- Project management software: JIRA, Confluence
- Can switch project
- Healthcare package
- Financial bonus
- Healthcare package for families
- Language courses
- Leisure package
- Adaptation tips
- Help finding an apartment
- Visa Services
- Flight ticket
- Sign up bonus
- Money for moving expenses
- Temporary housing
- Hot beverages
- Integration events
- Bicycle parking
- Chill room
NIKE, Inc. is a technology company. From developing products, managing big data, and providing leading-edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology reimagine the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest in and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, giving them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary, and collaborative, taking technology into the future.