Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world. We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you’ll part of
Our Business Group is a leader in wireless mobility networks and associated services. With more than 3.500 patent families essential for 5G we have a strong 5G portfolio and are a front runner in open and virtualized radio access networks (O-RAN and vRAN).
We are currently the largest institution of research and development in the ICT sector in Poland, successively growing and still looking for new talents. Integration and Testing Engineer is one of the key positions in R&D Center in Wroclaw and at present, there are a few slightly different departments possibly interested in your experience. Find out which specific departments are currently recruiting for this position: Check our Integration & Testing hiring teams
Apply and a designated Talent Attraction Person will contact you in 2-3 working days to discuss all the details and guide you through the whole recruitment process, completed with feedback (guaranteed after an interview step). Below you will find some general information about our expectations and Integration and Testing Engineers positions.
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
What you will learn and contribute to
Automation Test Engineer is mainly responsible for:
- Ensuring successful integration of software systems and components across hardware platforms, according to specified requirements
- Active participation in planning, designing, implementing and execution of tests within the frame of specific project
- Maintaining and excellent understanding of our current automation frameworks and bringing continuous improvements
- Monitoring overall test execution and deep dive into the failures and work with the teams to get them fixed
- Assessing software quality and developing test tools to increase test effectiveness and efficiency
- Close cooperation with other project teams and stakeholders from foreign locations
Your skills and experience
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Telecommunication, Computer Science or Software Technology or equivalent education
- Experience in software testing (ISTQB certification is value addon)
- Knowledge of test automation and script/programming languages (Robot, Python, TTCN)
- Knowledge of SW development methodologies (Agile/Scrum)
- Motivation and desire to acquire knowledge from 5G RRM
- Good knowledge of IP Network technologies (Cisco Certification is value added)
- Knowledge of Linux OS (RedHat certification is value added)
- Good communication in English (both written and spoken)
It would be nice if you also had:
- Knowledge of telecommunication standards (4G/5G)
- Good knowledge in RRM (will be on plus)
- Innovative thinking and ability to think outside the box
- Experience with quality tools and technics (e.g. RCA/EDA, Ishikawa diagram)
- Experience with tools like JIRA, Confluence, Quality Center, DOORS, Pronto
- Very good interpersonal and teamwork skills and capability to work in international multi-site environment
- Ability to communicate and cooperate with other people in various situations
- Initiative, creative and analytical
- Responsible and committed
- Taking over responsibility
- “Can-do” spirit
- Personal engagement.
- Style guide
- Code review
- Static Code Analysis
- Code metrics
- Knowledge Base
- Version control: Git / Gerrit
- Unit tests
- Integration tests
- System tests
- Performance tests
- Manual testing
- Automated testing
- Additional monitor
- Personal container
- Business phone
- OS X
- Methodology: Scrum, SAFe
- Architectural decisions are made by: Architects and Tech Leaders
- Who chooses technology: Architects
- Project management software: Jira
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Leisure package for families
- Language courses
- Money for moving expenses
- Adaptation tips
- Temporary housing
- Visa Services
- Help finding an apartment
- Flight ticket
- Bicycle parking
- Hot beverages
- Chill room
- Integration events
- Car parking
With more than 104,000 specialists employed worldwide, Nokia is the world leader in the creation of innovative technologies at the heart of our connected world. Driven by research and innovation of Nokia Bell Labs, we serve providers of telecommunications services, governments, large businesses, and consumers with the most comprehensive portfolio of products, services, and licenses in the industry. From the infrastructure that enables the operation of 5G and the Internet of things, to the developing applications for virtual reality and digital health, we shape the future of technology to transform the human experience.
The R&D Centre in Wroclaw was founded in 2000. It employed 10 employees at the time. In 2013, we already employed more than 1800 people. In 2016 there were over 4200 of us. We are currently the largest institution of research and development in the ICT sector in Poland and we are still looking for new specialists. Nokia’s technology center in Wroclaw plays a key role in the global structure of the company. It shows in the number and the rank of projects implemented by us in Wroclaw. We are one of the three largest Nokia technology centers in the world and one of the two company units dealing mainly with software development. Our programmers are involved both in the manufacturing process of the products and in the technology development, from the concept to deployment processes. These are international projects, requiring cooperation with offices from the most remote corners of the world.
See our latest news on our Facebook:https://pl-pl.facebook.com/TcWroclaw
Follow our job offers: https://nokiawroclaw.pl/careers/oferty-pracy/
The R&D Centre in Kraków was founded in 2011. In 2020 we reached out 1000 employees and we are still looking for new specialists.
Our engineers are involved in the whole process of creating technologies: from specification, to the development of software and its testing, to its presentation to customers around the world. The daily work of Kraków experts has a real impact on the shaping of technology that changes our reality.
Working with us gives you the opportunity to participate in ambitious, commercial projects that use modern programming languages such as C ++ 11, C ++ 14, C ++ 17, Python and agile software development methodologies: CI, Scrum.
See our latest news on our Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nokia.krakow
Follow our job offers: https://nokiakrakow.pl/careers/oferty-pracy/
Nokia Technology Center is the leading employer of the city and the region with over 1,000 specialists in 6 departments and has one of the most modern virtual laboratories in Poland. Our engineers design and develop applications for network configuration, create and test solutions for their implementation, expansion, and modernization. The Industrial Competence Center factory deals with the engineering and optimization of the supply chain, thanks to which thousands of our telecommunications cabinets are delivered all over the world. We are also the leader in the innovation of permanent access to the network. Our solutions are used in the largest, fastest and most advanced fixed broadband networks in the world.
See our latest news on our Facebook: www.facebook.com/nokiabydgoszcz
Follow our job offers: https://nokiabydgoszcz.pl/careers/oferty-pracy/