An Amazing Career Opportunity for a (Staff) Software Engineer
Job ID: 9351
We are looking for an open-minded Staff Software Engineer for longer cooperation with our stable and well working team in Krakow.
We are a growing multinational technical security company that offers its employees a creative work environment, flexibility and career opportunity.
We value your work-life balance, time and effort and would love for you to join our team!
As our Staff Software Engineer, you’ll support HID’s success by:
- Development framework and tool that support PACS products – RevE and RevF readers
- Debugging issues in framework and tools dedicated for PACS products
- Design Documentation
- Ability to work effectively with legacy code
- Actively contribute to team's continuous improvement
- Ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision
What we will love about your background:
- Ability to effectively communicate in the English language, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read and interpret technical journals, specifications, international technical standards, etc.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Familiar with operating systems, such as Windows, etc.
Your Experience and Education include:
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related
- 5+ years of hands-on software development experience
- Applied experience with C#
- Applied experience with object-oriented programming
- Working knowledge of source code management and configuration (git, mercurial)
- Familiarity with CleanCode and SOLID principles
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Applied experience with ELK stack is an advantage
- SmartCard knowledge is an advantage
- Experience with implementation of security protocols and secure implementation of cryptographic techniques is an advantage
- Code review
- Static Code Analysis
- Version control: Git, Mercury
- Unit tests
- Integration tests
- Automated testing
- Additional monitor
- Personal container
- Business phone
- Freedom to select tools
- OS X
- Methodology: Scrum, Kanban, SAFe
- Architectural decisions are made by: Team with Architects
- Who chooses technology: Team with Architect
- Project management software: JIRA
- Can switch project
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Financial bonus
- Leisure package
- Personal training budget
- English classes
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Chill room
- Integration events
- Lunch discount
- CSR events
Every day, we help billions of people move through a safer, more open world with ease. If you’ve ever walked through an automatic door, stayed in a hotel, or gone through passport control, you’ve probably used one of our products or services. From reliable home security to cutting-edge biometric technology for businesses, governments, airports, hospitals, schools and more, we touch every part of every day.
When you join our team, you will have plenty of chances to build a career you can be proud of. While you do, you will help us continue to creating a safe, secure and more open world.
Our people have made us the world leaders in access solutions. Our products, services and technologies manage access to everything from hospital labs and hotel rooms to garden gates and government ID.
What part could you play in keeping the future in safe hands?
Three reasons to join us
It’s the people who are the core of our evolving and dynamic environment, making it all happen. Since they help us grow, we want to do the same by offering responsibilities to grow with us and opportunities to explore.
We have a sense of discovery and an urge to innovate. It’s about the unexpected, being surrounded by people with creative thinking and taking part in transforming our industry using the latest technologies within access solutions.
We believe that great things can be achieved by being respectful and telling it like it is. We recognize results and listen to the people around us. Become a part of our team and help us stand up for what’s right.
ASSA ABLOY is wide group of technology divisions and companies. Kraków Innovation Hub is house to following:
Group Technology Team
The Group Technology Team experts are supporting ASSA ABLOY with innovation technologies, shared software/firmware platforms and research activities.
We are central Group's R&D reporting to CTO with 200 engineers on-board. Our offices are located in Stockholm, Kraków and Gurgaon.
GTT develops access control platform components, IoT platforms, cloud services and dedicated products for Group's divisions as well as supporting security and operations.
HID Global began its journey in Kraków in 2012 with a small skeleton crew has grown rapidly with over 100 current employees and plans for further expansion. HID has successfully been able to attract and retain the highest caliber of employees with its cutting-edge technology, modern workspace and fun diverse work environment, as well as a commitment to empower employees to grow their career while working on interesting global projects. Kraków has become an HID Center of Excellence for R&D, working with a variety of HID products. Several business areas like Extended Access Technologies, Physical Access Control Systems, Secure Issuance and Identification Access Management Systems are located here.
Digital Access Solutions EMEIA
Our Europe, Middle East, India and Africa unit is the region leader within door openings and products for access solutions in homes, businesses and institutions. Sales are about 60% to businesses, 40% for homes. Our EMEIA team is made up of a large number of group companies that have strong local knowledge and brand recognition.
Global Shared Services Center (GSSC)
Global IT Shared Service Centre is managing ASSA ABLOYs shared infrastructure, global application, application management and its security for all globally managed solutions. The GSSC Global Operations Center (GOC) which is a function being built up and now further expanded to be the control center of all Infrastructure services that GSSC delivers, securing services works as expected by working closely with monitoring solutions as well as being the interface to our customers related to changes, requests and incidents.