Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Data is key for a successful business. As Global Early Talent Program in Information Systems, you will get hands-on responsibility from the start. You will rapidly build your skills and experience through a series of exciting, cross-functional, cross-divisional, and international assignments.
You will create a legacy to be proud of as you deepen your leadership competences and soft skills, building a strong network within ABB.
The exceptional people you work with, the challenging projects you tackle and the global scale of our business will give the experience you need to build a world-class career in information systems.
For this particular position, you will be hired within the GBS IS Service and Performance Excellence team, part of global IT organization at ABB, in Poland.
The program is made up of three assignments in the Information Systems function in different roles, decided based on business availability and trying to match your own aspirations as much as possible.
- One six-month assignment in your home country as an introduction to the business.
- One six-month assignment abroad to get an overview of ABB’s operations in a different environment/role and work on an exciting assignment with a different team, expanding your network.
- One six to twelve-month assignment back to the home country/home business, where you will deepen your knowledge of the business and of your function, including the operations, strengthening your technical and soft skills.
During the last assignment participants will meet in Zurich, Switzerland for a week of training focused on leadership competencies development. The last rotation will also be the time where the participants start to look for their final position, to be started after the end of the program. All program trainings are meant to build the foundations of your future career evolution.
This position reports to
Global IS Department Manager
- Depending on the assignment role you will be in, most common responsibility can include:
- IS Service Management: Service Performance Management & Reporting, IT Processes, Integrating systems, Standard setting
- IS Service Delivery: Infrastructure operations, Application operations, Security, Risk management
- IS Sourcing: Vendor management, Contract negotiations, License management
- Recent graduate (Master’s level) in Information Technology or Information Systems
- Previous initial work experience in the information systems function can be considered
- Professional fluency in English, other languages are a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Team spirit and global mindset
- Persistence, curiosity to learn and open to new ideas
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Leisure package for families
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Chill room
- Integration events
ABB is a pioneering technology leader that is writing the future of industrial digitalization. For more than four decades, we have been at the forefront, innovating digitally connected and enabled industrial equipment and systems.
Whether you want to work with world-class scientists on the next long-term disruptive innovation, to write a program that predicts failure on a 300-meter-long ship, or to ensure that your colleagues worldwide can rely on practical solutions in their daily work, ABB is the place to be. In Poland, we have three main business units, each focusing on different aspects of IT and each a leader in its field:
Corporate Research Center (CRC):
Collaborate with the other ABB Corporate Research Centers, business units and top universities to develop breakthrough technologies that change the way the world works and industries do business.
Global Business Services Information Systems (GBS IS):
Partner with the business in some 100 countries around the world to develop solutions for customer needs or to oversee the IS infrastructure of a highly demanding global organization.
Common Development Center (CDC):
Create unique software cooperating with hardware devices such as ABB robots and control systems.