Who are we?
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 41 countries in Finland, the US, the UK, Spain, Luxembourg, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
What do we do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
What are we looking for?
To support the company’s growth, we continue to scale our Spacecraft Engineering team and looking for a Senior Flight Software Engineer (Embedded Software)to join our global Spacecraft Engineering Team in Espoo, Finland – Hybrid.
- Deliver highly reliable and performant flight software for satellites.
- Develop modular, extensible code adaptable to changing customer needs and efficiently deployed across a fleet of continuously evolving satellites.
- Build automated hardware and software test platforms to support continuous integration and deployment for the flight software, R&D, and operations teams.
- Contribute to a collaborative team culture that recognizes the roles of autonomy, mastery, and purpose in enabling us to do our best work.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, math, or science.
- Three years or more of professional experience designing, building, debugging, and shipping embedded systems with Linux, Unix, real-time operating systems or bare metal (no-OS applications).
- Excellent code skills.
- Passion for solving complex problems in a team environment.
- Expertise in developing embedded software for ARM-based microcontrollers or SoCs.
- Ability to read and review electrical schematics.
- Ability to use off-the-shelf build systems like Buildroot or Yocto; and develop your own build automation tools (using, for example, Make, CMake, Python, Bash, etc).
- Hardware debugging experience, including familiarity with tools such as the oscilloscope, logic analyzer, and protocol analyzer (SPI, CAN, Ethernet, or similar).
- Experience with continuous integration and test automation tools.
- Good understanding of best practices in configuration management and issue tracking, and familiarity with related tools (such as GitHub and Jira).
- Creative approach to problem solving and exceptional analytical skills.Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Healthcare package
- Language courses
- Temporary housing
- Flight ticket
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Bicycle parking
ICEYE Polska Sp. z o.o.
ICEYE is building and operating its own commercial constellation of synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data already available to customers. These satellites can take images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark. Information derived from these images will help our customers understand the world better and help them make more intelligent decisions. We launched the world’s first SAR microsatellite in January 2018 and have raised $152M in financing to date.
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from roughly 40 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We don’t listen to people who say it can’t be done: we go and do it!