CBRE, the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, is committed to creating an amazing employee experience through its PULSE offering. PULSE is a streamlined global platform for efficient management of critical property information. It is designed to integrate with property management accounting systems and be a single source of access to key performance metrics, analytics, documents, contacts and critical dates at a client, property or lease level.
In CBRE | PULSE, we’re building a leading customer experience and data-driven technology company. We measure our success by delighting our customers with great digital experiences and the advocacy they provide. Guided by our core values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective, teamwork and respect for each other drive superior results. We are on a constant quest to elevate each other to do the right thing for our customers to achieve their goals.
To deliver this vision, we are looking for a seasoned Software Engineer to help us grow our development team as we work to expand our internal and client-facing applications. This person will help lead our frontend development initiatives and help manage both infrastructure and software required by for our client facing professionals and our customers worldwide.
About the team
We’re a software engineering team within CBRE’s Digital and Technology group. We are uniquely positioned within the organization to access global data, tools, resources, and leaders throughout the industry. Our mission is to create value by developing targeted, highly scalable technology platforms for internal and external consumption.
We solve complex commercial real estate problems by bringing together good people, great minds, and top tier technologies. We value good people first, and often enjoy hanging out at happy hour or other team events.
- Collaborating with architects, product management and engineering teams to help define and implement innovative solutions according to product direction.
- Deliver Enterprise class products, and well-tested and clean code
- Develop and test new enterprise application features
- Perform enhancements or maintenance to existing software solutions
- Monitor for, evaluate, resolve and make decisions and recommendations to remediate application production issues
- Work with Tech leads, Product Manager and Scrum Master to estimate, design, and build efficient, long term business applications utilizing standards
- Solid programming experience with Java 8 or above, Spring Core, Spring MVC, Spring Cloud, RESTful Webservices
- Experience on ORM tools like Hibernate, iBatis, etc.
- Experience in design and implementation of applications based on Microservice architecture patterns with Spring boot and Docker containers.
- Experience in implementing and deploying docker containerized Spring boot microservices on AWS/Google/Azure cloud environment.
- IDEs: Eclipse/IntelliJ/Spring tool suite
- PL/SQL proficient: Handling complex, nested and recursive queries, stored procedures.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git or SVN.
- Good understanding of DevOps CI/CD pipelines and tool chain (Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.)
- An Agile mindset with experience working in Agile environment using JIRA, Rally, etc.
- Healthcare package
- Language courses
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Chill room
CBRE Business Services Organization
CBRE Business Services Organisation
world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #122 in 2021. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years, and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year.
With broader and deeper capabilities than any other company, CBRE is the leading full-service real estate services and investment organization in the world.