The software inside a vehicle was traditionally expected to be a very controlled and self-contained environment. Equipping cars with perception and machine intelligence changes a lot in the overall picture of the vehicle manufacturer. LUXOFT's goal is to empower our customers, with deep domain knowledge and smart solutions, to develop cars of the future. Great mechanical engineering is not the only criteria anymore for delivering the best cars in the world. Using state of the art software technologies are key to provide the requested user experience.
For the development of a next generation ECU (Electronic Control Units) responsible for basic, comfort and premium features in vehicles, we are looking for experienced embedded C++ Developer (m/f). Join our team of enthusiastic and experienced software developers in Gdansk and develop software for an entire functional area of a car, working on vital applications for a main ECU used in future vehicles of a renowned German automotive manufacturer worldwide. Develop & maintain challenging features that will be used daily by millions of drivers of vehicles hitting the roads starting from 2025.
You will work on functionalities in the following area:
- Central Gateway (InCar-IT, Data Transfer)
- Leading the team of Embedded C++ Software developers located in multiple locations (EMEA region)
- Develop positive relationships with stakeholders through the appropriate management of their expectations and agreed objectives
- Direct communication with the client regarding technical aspects of the solution provided
- Take ownership of area roadmaps, acting as a point of contact for senior stakeholders when exploring new opportunities
- Mentoring and leadership of team members, technical leads and external consultants
- Prioritize technical backlog based on the business priorities
- Clarification of requirements / requests in cooperation with the client and the team
- Utilization of common design patterns as well as the advantages of object oriented programming
- Development of the robust and effective code and ensure high quality of the embedded code by performing unit tests, simulation on real data (software in the loop) as well as simulation of the software on the target embedded hardware (hardware in the loop)
- Code analysis, refactoring and optimization of a recently developed features
- Testing on embedded hardware (ECU) and analysing logs
It is expected that with limited supervision the candidate will be able to deliver each of the key objectives of the role identified above. It is therefore expected that he or she will have:
- Academic degree in computer science, electrical engineering, telecommunication engineering or similar qualification
- Strong embedded C++ background (at least 5 years of experience), as well as an understanding of object oriented programming and design
- Strong understanding of software development lifecycle, including understanding of testing, code coverage and code quality
- Embedded background and software debugging skills, understanding of low-level limitations and performance optimization
- Experience in automotive interfaces (CAN, LIN, Flexray, Ethernet)
- Excellent attention to detail but an ability to think laterally to solve business problems
- Enthusiasm for embedded systems and ideally petrol in your bloodstream
- Professional Software Development Environment experience (CI, UT, GIT)
- Passion to learn both new technologies and business concepts
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Creative, results driven, self-motivated, and solutions oriented
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to adapt to business, senior stakeholders and developers
- Experience of managing or influencing key decision makers
- Strong communication skills in English (writing & speaking) along with team spirit and good cultural fit
- Able to establish credibility quickly
- Experience in Autosar Classic or Adaptive Autosar (AUTomotive Open System ARchitecture)
- Experience in Scripting languages and tools (Python, bash, lua)
- Knowledge from MISRA, SOLID
- Knowledge of Automotive SPICE standard
- Professional presence in front of customer and team members
- Strong mentoring and team building skills
Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company, is a global digital strategy and software engineering firm with about 18,000 international employees within its 44 offices in 21 countries. It is headquartered in Zug, Switzerland.
In 2000, Luxoft was established in Moscow under the direction of Dmitry Loschinin. In 2008 it acquired ITC Networks in Bucharest. In 2013, Luxoft was listed on the New York Stock Exchange, following an initial public offering of 4.1 million shares at $17.00 per ordinary share.
In January 2019, Luxoft was acquired by U.S. company DXC Technology. Luxoft partnered with LG Electronics to create a next-generation Autonomous Mobility concept vehicle that integrates consumers' personalized digital lifestyles into a driving experience. Luxoft enabled Switzerland's first Blockchain based e-vote platform with the City of Zug and Hochschule Luzern's Blockchain Lab.
Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company is a world-renowned company. It has been present on the Polish market for over 11 years. We have offices in Krakow, Warsaw, Wroclaw, and Tri-City. We employ almost 2,000 experienced experts carrying out projects for over 40 clients from the financial, automotive, medical, tourist industries, etc. We work for many international clients, including the USA, Great Britain, and Switzerland.
So far, Luxoft Poland has made a name for itself as a company that offers work on innovative projects, we offer various experiences in the field of IT, opportunities for rapid development, an extensive training program, and attractive benefits for employees.
At present, 62% of Luxoft Poland employees come from Poland, and 38% from around 50 countries, including Ukraine, Brazil, Russia, India, Belarus, Turkey, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Romania, USA, etc.
At Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company, as much as 85 percent of employees are experts with the "Senior" experience level, with at least five years of experience. We care about our employees, so every day we try to provide them with the best possible conditions for work and development.
Technology is our passion! We focus on top engineering talent means that you will be working with the best industry professionals from around the world. Because of that, Luxoft is a global family with an epic atmosphere – we love what we do!